1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hardtail Conversion

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

I wouldn't waste my time and money with water injection. We're not saying it doesn't work, we're saying you will get MUCH more bang for you buck with nitrous.
    KDIDDY: If you are worried about grammer and unique expression and creativity, then I think YOU are on the wrong site buddy. Maybe you should go be the bunny somewhere else. You sound like halfafag!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd ride it like it is, you only have two and a half weeks of good riding weather
    up there anyway.... Gives you 11 months to figure out the next upgrade...
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Jack up the gas cap and slide a big bike under it? :roflmao:
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Am I drinking too much? Ya want to go old school retro with a hardtail conversion, and then ya want to go leading edge with water injection - over the much easier and far more proven nitro?:banghead:

I thought only Californians would want to run their combustion engines on water.....maybe it will work. I saw once where a guy ran his Delorean on a Mr. Fusion, but he had all sorts of issues once he did.:roflmao:

Yeah, I think it must be that the Minnesota Winter is way too friggin' long.

:cheers:
  5. hotroadking

THing would Ice up in the fall....
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Probably ice up in the summer to, don't get warm enough that far up. :D
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: your killin me!!!!!!! :roflmao:
  8. KDiddy707

KDiddy707 New Member

I think you're probably right. I AM on the wrong site. I don't even have a copy of the latest Motor Company Accessory Catalog. If you're really that curious about how much of a *** I am, I live in Redwood Valley California. Stop on by. I'm not hard to find. Good luck with your 'talk' site.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am not worried about these guys hacking on me. I have thick skin most of the time and I just dish it right back out anyways. No worries. Although I am not so sure I want to be the bunny!! :roflmao:

I will end up doing what I want to anyway. :cool::D
  10. FLHTbiker

Yep, that's how you learn. You either Fu*k it up or make it work but you learn something in the process. :D
  11. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: It has been a long winter!! Although I will agree that you will get more power from nitrous, I cannot agree that it is cheaper. If the standards for a nitro upgrade are the same for a bike than they are for a cage, that would mean that I would have to upgrade the crank, pistons and rods and possibly the heads to withstand the instant power. I have looked at what those items cost for forged and it is not cheap at all.
  12. FLHTbiker

Ride what yea got and be happy. You doll it all up and then later on down the road your going to wish you had left it alone. Trust me, been there done that but don't take my word for it cause yea gotta experience it for yourself, good luck.
  13. JohnnyBiker

For me changing things is what makes me happy. I just like changing things around because I can get bored easy. I grew up around hot rods and I always liked the creativity that was displayed. Around here, the bikes are so plane jane that it makes me sick. Not that there is really anything wrong with that, it just isn't the thing for me. Other than my family and a few other things, I am most proud of my bike. I found something that I can change into exactly what I want it to be without getting yelled at!!:roflmao::roflmao:
  14. KDiddy707

KDiddy707 New Member

Yeah well sorry. Probably the wrong place to make reference to the resolve and fortitude of the Energizer Bunny... But he makes a good point. I probably have little in common with the other members on this site. I work 13 hours, three nights a week. Most of that time is spent just trying to find something to keep me awake. Like these forums. Still don't have the time for a transcontinental pissing contest on the internet. Good luck with your build. I still advocate searching around for some informative custom bike sites to supplement all the great information you can get from the collective experience on this site. There. Do you think that gentle breeze of sunshine up Tommycs ass was sufficient to prevent further twisting of his panties?
  15. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: I am not sure??? I know what he is saying about the nitro, but again, EVERYBODY DOES THAT and that is not what I like to do most of the time.

As far as the build goes, it is a ways out because I need to buy another bike before I strip it down and go crazy. MY wife, which is Hot Rider, she is on this site too is all for this build because she will get involved in it as well.:cool:
  16. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Go for it and have fun while ya learn. Might be something that would catch on with the newer crowd. The way gas prices are going we all might have to change over to bio fuels.:)
  17. hotroadking

Frankly I have written the book on that stuff and I have to take the mantra
    from a buddy of mine with two baggers with over 120K on each.....

Keep it stock

Well close to stock as far as mechanically and you'll ride farther faster
    than those with water injected turbo blower dual exhaust big bore bikes.

Because while you're out riding in the nice weather, they are home up
    to elbows in grease trying to figure out how they are gonna get parts and
    get together in time to make sundays poker run.... again...
  18. JohnnyBiker

You make a very good point about keeping it stock and that is the beauty of the water injection, I don't have to do anything more to the engine, I can run it like it is.

I have never been on a bike that has more than 96 ci so I will have to take your word for it and from reading posts on this site I have an idea of how unreliable the big inch motors are. No thanks I will keep a mostly stock engine over lets say a 120 CI engine any day.
  19. hotroadking

Its not just the engine, it's the belt, the clutch, the primary chain, the comp nut that won't stay tight, the trans main shaft that walks, the trans trapdoor that fails, the gears that lock, the tires you eat up, then the brakes you have to replace because if you are going to add Go you gotta beef up the whoa!

Mild performance is good, better acceleration and power to weight is fun
    but when you go to the edge the engine is just one piece of the puzzle..

Oh it's fun alright, don't get me wrong, but I've spent a lot of $ and time
    fixing stuff I broke having fun.... LO

It's why I have two bikes...
  20. FLHTbiker

Come on JB, put your big boy panties on and get yourself a low rider with a 120 inch and blow the doors off all your buddies than you can come here and brag about it. :D:D:roflmao: just kidding of course but hey maybe your buddy KDiddy707 can steer you in the wrong direction, excuse me I mean right direction :roflmao: course I think he is really looking for someone to flick him crap so he can start a flame war..but more than likely he will get bored with all of us ill informed, illiterate stupid idiots on this site and let the door hit him in the back end on the way out. :roflmao::roflmao: