1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hardtail Conversion

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 30, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

With all that high humidity you guys get in the summer, why add more water you got enough in the air already. :D
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Done Nitrous
    it's not crude you need a good kit with
    all the bits, don't shortcut, that's where people get into
    problems.

NOS is nothing more than supercold highly compressed dense air.
    The "nitrous" doesn't burn it simply makes the air colder, thicker
    and full of oxygen, so you can add more fuel, and pack more bang
    into the cylinder - more power. Nos doesn't burn...

Don't go overboard and a small nos kit will be fun.

Had a 150 HP kit on my vette shidt load of fun on the street

However when the bottle's empty the party is over...
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Not the same. :gah::D

HRK, I know exactly what NOS does. When I was in the midst of building my high horsepower car I bought a book on what NOS is and how to install the system. Unfortunately I have not been able to finish that project. Met HR and the rest is history.
  4. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Experimenting is fun. Just make sure to keep all your parts for if and when you decide to go back to the way your bike was.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

The only thing that I would have to do is buy the pump, tank and nozzles. From sites that I have read, all I basically will have to do is drill hole in the intake manifold, thread them and put the nozzles in. Of course making sure that the spray pattern is going the right direction. (BTW, this is basically how NOS is installed but with a few more parts). No need to buy other parts like a forged crank or rods.
  6. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:banghead::banghead::witsend::witsend:
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

The kit shown in your link is for car engines, not cycles. I had a water injection tank on my 1973 Dodge Challenger so I know a little about it. I cools off the incoming gas/air charge making it more dense and thus giving more (slightly) horsepower.
    I don't think you will even notice the difference on a cycle engine though.
    I guess you could do it if you have nothing better to do with your time and money but will it make a noticiable difference? I don't think so. Are you planning on modifying a car kit to work on your cycle? I've never seen or heard of anyone putting it on a cycle. Anyway if it's about having a pet project and something to tinker around with, then yeah have fun Buddy. How will you know how much water to inject without fouling your engine oil? Be carefull sir. You don't want to cause engine damage with fouled up oil.
    Personally I would go the Nitrous route or a belt driven supercharger. It's been done by others but you can get creative with your design and it will certainlly produce much more power that any water injection ever will.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Will you be using spring fed water or city water....