1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley Dealership Experiences in your area

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by gutierg, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

H-d Dealer In S F Bay Area

00 wildglide here,
    I purchased my first H-D in 1998;a Superglide(FXD).This bike came from Bob Drons H-D in Oakland,CA.This purchased was based purely due to price difference from other local dealer in S.F.(Dudley Perkins CO.).After approx. 6000-or-so miles went by the ever popular "base-gaskets" began to wick oil at an abnormal amount(wick,weep,seep...Dammit they Leaked!).I called "Drons" serviced dept. & explained the condition only to get the service manager saying:this is "normal" & "the Motor-Company" doesn't allow us to just replace "weeping" gaskets. I left & returned latter that week informing them I was going to the Bureau of Automotive Repair(BAR) about this which for whatever changed their mind about fixing it.
    In '99 of Dec. I purchased my '00-FXDWG from Dudley Perkin's Co.The price was actually a little more than Bob Drons but,the service dept., Parts dept. & sales people were far more understanding & pleasant to deal with.

Now '07,
    My New baby;the FLHTi was of course purchased from:DUDLEY PERKIN's CO. w/no regrets & much content knowing the difference between saving a few bucks & having a good relationship with the selling dealer.

Nuff said!,Thanks for listening.00 wildglide:cool:
    p.s.--some pics coming soon.