1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley "etiquette"

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by phlsphyguy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah but I think I'd like to spend more time riding the baby machine than the bike... just me though.....
  2. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Ive seen this thing before....actually I dont think its too bad of an idea for a couple of reasons...1) In the non-riding season I put a cover on my bike & somehow the kids still managed to scratch my windshield. & 2) Even when covered it still needs to be washed completely by the springtime. This would eliminate both problems.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

and 3 when you take the bike out of it, you can rent it to Michael Jackson to offset the cost of it.:roflmao:
  4. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

It would still have to be filled with plastic colored balls.....
  5. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Being "willin"

I hear ya and totally agree. I did a lot of years when I worked 14 to 16 hrs a day 6 days a week. Back then I rode to work and on Sunday and such. People have to deal with life and it sometimes gets in the way of riding and fishing.....which shows how screwed up life is <smile> . It isn't about miles but a persons being willin to ride. Lot's of folks are willin but just can't get shook loose to do so. But thier day will get here like mine has. The poor slobs that buy a bike as a staus symbol are sad but they serve a useful purpose as well. I have several partners that have gotten great deals on tricked out low milage bikes from such folks.
    Ride Free.....
  6. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Feel free to ride it

:roflmao: hahaha Good One I like it!

I think it is truly a personal decision as to whether someone rides their bike, parks it in the garage to look at or trailers it to a rally. Some buy to ride other buy to look. Keep on riding yours though because we all know you are having way more fun than they are.