1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley EVO vs Ultima

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Rustyone, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Rustyone

Rustyone New Member

I just went to prodrag1320 's web site , his price's are very good but I'm going to call him Tuesday and get a few questions answered He's the man I want giving me a helping
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Wise choice.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

The motor might not be worth $6,000,000....but it definitely would be better,stronger,faster:D
  4. jammerj

jammerj Member

I'm new here, but not new to bikes, Kirby will steer you right, I've had work done by him, as well as other people I know, he's top notch, and stands behind his work.
  5. hotroadking

welcome aboard Jammer
  6. Rustyone

Rustyone New Member

Few pic's of the pistons and cylinders I don't relay see any problem with the pistons and the cylinders , a little discoloration in the cylinders but i would think that's norm for air cooled , the sump is full of oil beginning to think most of my problems air oil pump but tomorrow Ill try and get into the lower end

WP_000000.jpg

WP_000001.jpg

WP_000002.jpg

WP_000003.jpg

WP_000004.jpg

WP_000005.jpg
  7. Rustyone

Rustyone New Member

I had to heat the compensater nut up to get it off so tomorrow I'll finish taring down the engine and inspecting it
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The pics don't look to bad at all , mabe a good hone job & new rings ,But I'am on pain pills now so double check with someone else LOL ,How many miles are on the top end/ bike ?
  9. hotroadking

Just a bit of advice, the comp nut is put on with red loctite and a lot of TQ
    best to take it off before you tear it down where you can lock the primary chain
    and with the valve train in and cylinders on makes it easier.
  10. Rustyone

Rustyone New Member

I had to heat the nut up to get it off but it's of finally and yes that what i did took the nut off while it still was hooked up tho the trans , it makes it easier
  11. Rustyone

Rustyone New Member

what do you think about using a ball hone to deglaze the cylinders with out the tools to hold the cylinders square , sense I'm not boring it and there's not really any pressure do you think it would be fine
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Mine were done that way with a ball hone and they came out fine. The hone won't get deep scratches out. If you have any, a rebore is better.