1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harley vs Victory

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Mar 7, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ride my bike about 3500 miles or so and change it.
    Never check it either.
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

What I don't understand is why they strive to keep such close ties with France. Didn't Canada have a revolution or something declaring independence from England and France???
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That was us :D
  4. alex the dog

Uh, I think that was before there was a Canada. But I'm pretty sure Canada did the same thing without using guns. Maybe loaded them on a boat and said "Now Git!".
  5. FLHTbiker

I think Canada still honors the Quenn of England. I think they just kind of faded away from the Brits. :D. Sleepy will set us straight I'm sure.:D
  6. alex the dog

You guys will probably think I'm a hack, but I went out and started up the bike after sitting 3 months without looking at the oil, tire pressure, or anything. Took 1/2 second to start, then settled down to a smooth idle. After a couple minutes I took off for a ride around town. Felt soooo good to get out again.

Got home and looked at my tires--both smooth bald. Time for some new rubber, so I got on Dennis Kirk's and ordered 2 new Bridgestone BT-45's to try out. Old Michelins lasted 28,000 miles, but Bridgestone is bragging about their long tread life, so will let you know how they hold up.

Stinking Harleys! Wear out tires so much faster than Victorys! Hah!
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Snow is melting here and our new Limited is somewhere in transit maybe? We're still part of the monarchy although we do have our own constitution. there's the debate whether our ties to England are relevant anymore so no revolution here. the english/french thing was kind of settled on the plains of Abraham outside Quebec City a long time ago where General Wolf's British Army defeated General Montcalms army. Canada became a British colony back then and the defeated french were allowed to keep their language and culture..and as you can see, they are still working on it. I'm not sure how close the ties are between Quebec and France but the two languages are very different..from the same family but quite different and should someone address a Parisien in France using Quebecois french it usually doesn't work well. They speak french in France..not some other version of it. My sister tried using her French over there..not good. I met some tourists from France at Arches national Park. They were looking for good vantage points to take pictures. Their english was terrible so I picked up on their accent and switched to french it wasn't the same as theirs and I was a little rusty and they really didn't seem appreciative of the fact that I was trying to find a better way to communicate with them so the conversation switched to english in a hurry and ended in a hurry..too bad for them..they probably would pick the Victory over the Harley;) *Le Sigh*
  8. FLHTbiker

Your gonna like that limited Bob, but it does need a set of pipes and air cleaner on it to open it up, give yea great power increase. :D
  9. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Polaris also owns Indian, pasted below from their website:

First 2012 Indian Motorcycle Crated and Shipped
    Polaris Motorcycles marks another milestone as the first dealer production of 2012 Indian Motorcycle are loaded into trucks destined for customers across the US. “It was only a few weeks ago that we tested the production line that had been transplanted into our Spirit Lake operation.” Says Cory Knudtson, Operations Manager, “Every day we work with this brand, we are aware that we are steward of history, and putting the first Indian Motorcycle destined for customer ownership gives us a great sense of pride.”
    Inside the customized crate cover is a 2012 Chief Vintage that will soon be making its own history in the hands of a proud new owner. Production Indian Motorcycles will continue to ship to dealers through the end of the year. For more information, stay tuned to www.indianmotorcycle.com
  10. FLHTbiker

Man the closest Indian dealer to me is in Fresno Ca, over a thousand miles away.
  11. alex the dog

Thanks for setting us straight Sleepy. I don't know about the folks in Quebec though. I'm sure they think they still owe allegiance to France--not Canada.

They would much prefer a Victory after losing the war twice, eh?
  12. alex the dog

The trucks are loaded and they're coming your way. Get out your wallet.
  13. FLHTbiker

I like my Harley, thank you
  14. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

All this checking oil level talk made me check mine...Yup, right on the mark. Ussually never give it a thought. Don't smoke, don't leak.WTF?
  15. FLHTbiker

That's because it's a Harley :D
  16. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

'Nuff said!:cool:
  17. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Even my '77 doesn't leak now that I repaired all the leaks - well, at least for now! What's that saying: a Harley doesn't leak; it marks it's territory. I check my oil before each ride and plan on changing it every couple thousand miles.
  18. alex the dog

We're just poking fun at the idiot that made the video for Victory. If anyone believed his stupid claims, we should all trade in our Harley junk for a quality Victory bike that we could ride out of town and not worry about getting back home. I suppose some moron will actually believe him too.
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

New Indians sure are sharp, I like the Vintage Chief with the full leather bags and seat,
    if it's like the prototypes we saw in Daytona before Polaris they have a lot of high quality
    parts on them, need to ride one though,

I could do that, anti hd non victory no rice Indian thing LOL
  20. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Wonder what they will be like in a few years??