1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Harleys best selling model

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by jturuk, Apr 13, 2008.

1. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Oh I like my little Sporty. Otherwise she would have been down the road on someone else's trailer by now instead of me working my rear off on her. But the Wideglide was always the one I wanted. Now no matter what I come up with the Sporty STAYS.
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

along the same lines

Harley to cut 730 workers
    By BRENT BURKEY
    Daily Record/Sunday News

Article Last Updated: 04/17/2008 09:27:20 AM EDT

Harley-Davidson is reducing its workforce by about 370 unionized employees and about 360 non-production employees, the company said this morning.

The company blamed a downturn in the U.S. economy, particularly a 12.8 percent drop in the sale of new motorcycles in the United States in the first quarter of 2008..

Harley-Davidson Chief Executive Officer Jim Ziemer said the company is one of many fighting tough economic conditions.

Ziemer said the company is lowering most expectations for 2008.

"There is no sign about when things will turn around," Ziemer said. The company did not say where and when it would cut the more than 700 jobs.

Officials said managers and union officials were working out the details.

The company expects to ship between 23,000 and 27,000 fewer motorcycles in 2008 compared to 2007, or between 303,500 and 307,500 motorcycles..
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Yep ! A lot of people git a 883 Sporty as their 1st bike and cause of the price. Its a great bike to tool around on. The new Nighster has really been a Hot seller for HD. I've ran across a lot of folks that has them that says the nighster realy runs good for a 1200cc motor. My old lady wants a Nightster.
    She looks at them everytime we go into the store.
  4. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I really dig the Nightster. Although I don't care for the factory gators. Easy $40 switch though. Or you could take an 883C and spend 4 months making it semi look like a Nightster LMAO :D