1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Has anyone heard of a 'McCuff'

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gnarlynativebiker, Jan 14, 2008.

1. gnarlynativebiker

gnarlynativebiker New Member

After getting absolutely fed up with spilling gas on my dyna lowrider I did a little online research and ran across www.mccuff.com. I found out that these guys in southern california have invented something that totally changes the way we fill up at the pump. They have an instructonal video on their website that shows how to use it and after viewing it I must say that I think that they are on to something. So after spilling gas on myself over the weekend while filling up I'm thinking that ordering a McCuff is the way to go. So back to my topic, Has anyone heard of or used a McCuff? I was just hoping to get some feedback before buying one.
  2. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

I'm sure that alot of people could use one of these. I personally don't have a problem putting gas in my tank without spilling. And I top off!!:D
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

My guess is that that would be the most ideal for those gas stations that use those "recovery boots"..... also, for bikes like the softail that the gas fill hole is flush with the tank....my eglide has a recess....reminds me... Hey CHUCK, I still need to replace that gasket!!! I will once in a while loose gas out the overfill hose, but not on the tank.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I guess if you need one you need one , I top off all the time without spilling , I have never heard of till now
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

You can't take yer eyes off the tank when fillin up. When it gits close to the top slow down. A little gas will wipe off with a towel. Nothin I've worried about. Everybody spills some gas everynow and then.
  6. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

same here . . . soon as the Haz-mat team leaves; a paper towel:gah:
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JMO a waste of money, you can pull the boot back with your hand to engage the lever to fill the bike.

I doubt you'd want to carry it around after several uses and it smells like gas, sure not going to strap it to the bars looks silly, JMO though we don't have the gas hose boots here and I've figured out how to fill the tank without splashing all over.:roflmao:
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I can see where that could be a very handy tool. I filled up at a gas station down in CA. that had the long boot. The boot was full of gas from vapors and even dumping the gas out of it I still got gas all over my tank. To say the least I was pissed and made them get some soap so I could clean the tank off. Seems everytime I fill up when using a nozzle with the long boot that gas always drips out of the inside of the boot. I have no problem filling up at the stations with the partial or no boot. So I can see where this would be helpful with the long boot.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Maybe but if you put this on and pull back the boot isn't it just going to fill up with gas too? Used to live in NoCal and remember those things a PIA, and pretty much useless JMO Cows fart more than cars emit methane in CA,

Maybe they should boot the cows butts out there :roflmao:
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

never had a problem filling up, auto kick off then lift it out and watch it, not to time consuming i think. And in california , taking my left hand and pulling up the boot far enough to trigger the nozzle while at the same time I will use my visuale abilitys to tell my right hand to stop pulling the lever when the gas gets to the top.some might call it multi-tasking :eek: :roflmao:
  11. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

of course after being a smart azz I will have gas pouring all over hellancreation:banghead:
  12. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i think i'd rather be soaked with premium with kids throwing matches at me rather than going around with a "mcCuff":gah:
  13. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

McCuff= RUB special
    For that special biker that has evertything...:)
  14. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i just keep thinkin what it would be like to be out for a nice ride on a great day, stop to fill up, just get started then about that time a large group of half drunked up bikers pull in. there i stand with a "mccuff" filling a Harley:eek: Oh god...... they're looking!! the women are pointing and laughing, they're arguing about rather the women or men get to:fight: it's too late. the women are approaching and looking:rant: next thing i'm :injured: at the hospital having "mc Cuff" removed. Ya..... no "mcCuff" for me:D
  15. FLHTbiker

You could always thank the gas station set it up on the pump and say, what the hell man it works and ride off. Or you could just say fUC$ OFF MAN IT WORKS TRY IT YOU,LL LIKE IT. :D Course if I saw a bunch of bad bikers pulling in I would probably pull it out stuff it someplace out of sight and leave. :eek: Then again I probably would never use one. I think the type of rider who would use one would be your typical Goldwing yuppie type, your not a yuppie goose. :) Then again their are a lot of yuppie Harley riders out there to. :(
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

serious question...the hoses with the long spouts covers.....could they be removed with a sharp pocket knife????? where i have filled up so far, i havent seen any. was thinking if ya cut around the top it would slip off the nozzle then fillup would be easier,,,,,slip it back on when ya done!!!!!!!
  17. FLHTbiker

Chucktx, they have a stiff spring in that hose also. God if you ever use one you will swear that you will never fill up at that station again.

In my area I know who does and who does not have them. I shop the places who don't have them. I have even pulled into a place that have them and pulled right out and gone down the road.
    Why is it that some places in the same town can have the short ones and others use the long ones, makes no sense. I have seen the gas jockeys here take the ones with the long neck and put them over a 5 gal. bucket and shake them getting the trapped gas out that has collected in them then hand you the nozzle. Yes they have 5 gallon buckets that are half full of gas sitting around, :witsend: Yea, here in dfuc$ed up Oregon you can't pump your own gas. We finally got the legislature to pass a bill that allows motorcyclist to fill their own tank but first the damn gas attendant has to hand you the nozzle, what a fuc$ing damn joke. This friggen state sometimes is so dang backwards. They won't allow people to fill their own tanks because we are not properly trained and it takes away jobes. You should see some of the idiots that fill your tank. I've had them spay the side of my car and hand me the nozzle to fill up my bike pointing the nozzle directly at me with there friggen hand on the trigger. :fight: :gah: Better stop I'm getting pissed. :cussing: :banghead:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  18. chucktx

i had no idea that went on in your state.....wonder how many others are like that??? bet it makes the price of gas higher also.....:(
  19. FLHTbiker

Chucktx, the only other state as screwed up as Oregon is New Jersey. Yep, we are one of the higher priced states for gas. What really gets ya mad is the price of diesel at an average price of 3.49 per gallon. Regular runs right now around 3.15 per gallon.
  20. chucktx

i hear ya on the diesel price.....and it is a by product of making gas.....i have a 1ton that uses it.........:rant: