1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Has anyone heard of a 'McCuff'

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gnarlynativebiker, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

They've had these vapor catchers on the nozzles here in California for so long I've gotten used to them. I've seen this McCuff in use and it does work, but so does a paper towel or a paper soda cup found in the trash if you are trying to protect a brand new paint job. Personally I prefer paper towels since I think that mccuff would stink up your bags.
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

oh . . .no it has that handy little carry bag. i wouldn't be a bit surprized it even has a built in de-orderizier:devil:
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Come on now, don't pick on us Jersians.....we know we live in a f*cked up state, we just can't do anything about it...:D :banghead: :witsend:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there is room in TEXAS for ya!!!!!!!!:D
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

What you invited another one of those city slickers from UP north to move to Texas. The state's gittin full of those folks Chucktx. They are gonna all start feelin like their at home.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We'll here in Oregon one of our Governors had a saying. Your more than welcome to come and visit, just don't stay. :rolleyes:

Governor Tom McCall

Oregon has some Real Beauty and some of the best motorcycle roads in the world. We just have a dis-functional and stupid Democratic controlled government. :rant:
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Come on now....I am far from a city slicker yuppy rub type. Besides, TRG said I'm an honorary Texan, and "brother from another mother". I like guns, don't like illegals, what more could you ask for from a guy?! :D
  8. fireitup

fireitup New Member

google it

Never heard of it. So I googled it. Its a no splash no spill gas thingy. Gas stops pumping here when it reaches the nozzel only had one screw up at a Hess station and it overflowed on my bike and then my mouth over flowed at the poor cashier. Wouldn't want to hassel with it.
  9. chucktx

thanks fireitup!!!!!!
  10. FLHTbiker

I wondered about that.
  11. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Yankees come to visit the South......Damn Yankees come and stay:D .
  12. fireitup

fireitup New Member

Yankee

:banghead: [FONT="Arial Black" Yankees? :banghead: Oh well.
  13. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

good grief

:rolleyes: :wtf: If ya can't even pump the gas maybe ya should park the bike....JMO..... I don't normally get sarcastic but come on. What next? .....:cool: no wonder insurance goes up!!! I've been filling up bikes for over 3 decades and now this? I swear anyone needing this ought to keep the penny loafers on( yeah I am stereo typing:rant: ), sell the bike and never speak of riding again. seriously I think that. again good grief.:cool:
  14. FLHTbiker

Obviously you have never filled up in one of those Calif. stations where the nozzle boot is full of gas. That's why even here in Oregon you will sometimes see buckets half filled with gas, sitting by the pump because those daamm boots are full of gas and the gas station attendants have to drain them out first before even filling up a car. Here in Oregon those stupid dammm nozzles dump gas all the time on bikes and its not because the rider does not know how to fill up his ride. So there is a place for everything, whether some think its stupid or not. No I don't use one but I also don't fill up anymore at stations that have those full boots. :mad:
  15. chucktx

soooooooo your saying there are open buckets of gas about these stations. i wonder what happens when some goober with a cig. decides to put it out in the "water buckets" conviently located about the station???????

and what is the point of the recovery boots if ya gonna have open containers at the same stations????? sounds a bit stupid on the govt. part. but that does not suprise me.....charge the stations for the boots to get money, and passed a law to do it.........................fu8k me running!!!!!!:wtf:
  16. FLHTbiker

That's right chuck there have been several stations with open containers that the gas attendants use to shake the nozzle into. Nobody is allowed to smoke here at a gas station but that does not keep some idiot with a lit smoke from stepping out of his vehicle with a hot ember between his/her lips. That's another reason I don't go to those stations. If I pull into a station with the long boot with the bike I keep on rolling, which most HD riders also do.
    The other western states that I have been to don't seem to use those long booted nozzles.

The nozzles with the long boot really should be banned as they can be hazardous. No need for them anyway as the shorter version does the same thing and they don't trap and turn gas vapors back into a liquid state.
  17. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

nvr been to OReg

but oh i do use 'em... maybe I get lucky....the buckets sitting around is new though:eek: . still not changing my mind. :cool:
    "FL" does have a novel idea...don't pump there. ps diesel is more expensive in Ohio as well
    PPS. those stupid nozzles I've thought of it as getting free gas. I lift as though it is always full, pull the boot back(right hand),tilt,expect the drop from the hole if any, my right hand goes around the end of the boot/nozzle and rests on the tank bam in it goes.. Oh yeah and wash my hands afterwards. Right now though I am staring at a sign reading reg.-3.08 and diesel 3.40 It is usually 10 to 20 cents higher than premium.
    If I remember some used/use them in Ohio as well a while back, but most of those were/are around higher end communities for some reason. Some places however, People cut them off somehow, or so it seemed like, the end of the boot would be gone.:D oh well. still not gonna catch me with that thing..........does it come in black?;) What do I know.;)
  18. FLHTbiker

I needed diesel for my truck the other day and it was near empty. A friend told me about a gas station at a Safeway store in a small town about 10 miles away. They are selling diesel for 2.85 a gal instead of the 3.40 that the others around here want. They sell regular at 2.85 also. We drove to the town (Molalla) filled up and even a 20 miles round trip was still cheaper than filling up around here. Makes you wonder if one station sells diesel for the same price that they sell regular for seems the others are cheating, course that comes as no surprise.
    By the way even if it came in black I wouldn't use it either.
  19. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

lol

:roflmao: I gotta agree. Sorry fellas..no way.
  20. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

There are OSHA and EPA regulations against leaving flammable organic liquids in an open container to evaporate into the atmosphere and create a safety hazard. If the stations are collecting that gas in containers like you describe, it is illegal.