1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Has anyone heard of a 'McCuff'

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gnarlynativebiker, Jan 14, 2008.

1. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

McCuff.....................is this it?

[​IMG]
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

You are correct and it defeats the whole purpose of the long boot which was designed to collect those vapors and keep them from returning back into the atmosphere. The vapors in these long booted nozzles is turning back into a liquid state and it has only one place to go, out the open end. Like I said they need to be banned.
  3. fireitup

fireitup New Member

McCuff-googled it

"no splash, no spill, motorcycle fill" McCuff
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Learn to work a pump lever and you can achieve the same results!:D
  5. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

That was sort of the gist of the McCuff the crime dog picture.
  6. hotroadking

7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if only they all worked the same, with the same pressures, and flow controlability!!!!!!!:witsend:
  8. hotroadking

It's a lot like women, you can't grab them all by the arse and not expect to get slapped a time or two,

you just need to ease up on it gentle the first time, then once you know the pump, just jam it in and give it a squeeze until she's full:roflmao:
  9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Wow, this subject is rapidly taking a turn.
  10. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

That's half the fun of these threads!!
  11. Panheadfryer

Panheadfryer New Member

I have a mccuff. I think I'm the only one who owns one who is writing an opinion here in this forum.

It's a very cool device and works very well. I live in California, however I frequently ride to Oregon and Nevada, Arizona and Utah.

Let me say now that this device works superb with the black vapor nozzles and the nozzles without the black vapor things.

No holding the black vapor boot up. I can fill up one handed and about those pretty girls looking... I can actually look back at them and even smile instead of paying attention to filling up.

Here's why... when you are filling up, one steady stream of fuel comes through without all that clicking and mess.

Instead ONE CLICK and you are topped off and done without any hassles. Takes about half the time to fill up because I do not have to be attentive, it's like filling up a car with this mccuff device.

It is a great and well intentioned invention. I carry it on my passenger strap on my rear seat in the bag they give you.

It looks cool and as far as the comment about the fumes or smell, the material this thing is made of is a solid synthetic material when fuel hits it, it evaporates instantly. The bag is lined and closes with a zipper and velcro both.

Overall 5 stars from me.

I've been riding for 25 years, off road and on. I have 3 bikes:

HD Softail Custom
    Honda 750
    Kawasaki KDX 200

Other bikers have rolled in while I'm using this and have asked what it is, I show them and they love trying it.

Anyhow, thought I'd give you my perspective as an owner of this thing.

Kevin

"Be Wise, Be Cool and Love Life!"
  12. chucktx

thanks for the review, kevin. welcome to the board, and have fun....:)
  13. FLHTbiker

Thanks Kevin that was an interesting perspective from someone who actually uses on. I can see where it would be a great alternative device to those long black vapor recovery nozzles. Welcome to and stick around
  14. Panheadfryer

Panheadfryer New Member

You are welcome and thanks for the welcome.

This is an awesome board and great members and information!

Kev
  15. fireitup

fireitup New Member

New Jersey

Yeah, You can't fill up your own tank in Jersey. Pulled into a gas station the attendant came over and stopped me from getting the lever. Couldn't fill my own tank there if I wanted to. Didn't know its the same in ORegon.
  16. FLHTbiker

Fireitup, here in Oregon we are allowed to fill are own motorcycle tank, however with the new change we still have to wait for the idiot to finally walk over and hand us the nozzle from the pump and you have to wait for his return so that you can hand it back to the attendant who then places it back onto the pump. How Fu@king stupid is that. ABATE in Oregon fought tooth and nail just to get that, its called one step at a time. The Oregon legislatures are so worried about safety and taking away someones job that they go to extremes like this. :rant: :fight:
  17. chucktx

soooooo an ex burger flipper hands a hose to ya and puts it back.....:wtf:
    are all the stations llike than or just a few??
  18. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Jersey is like that Fire, you can pump your own gas, (actually most attendants won't come near a Harley with a gas pump) But you have to wait until they hand it to you and then you hand it back to them. Kinda stupid, but at least they don't try to pump it for you.....Some (most actually) attendants are nice enough to drain the gas out of the nozzle first before they hand it to you.
  19. FLHTbiker

Don't Know what Job they had before but Some of these people are probably not smarts enough to cook burgers
  20. fujimo

fujimo New Member

gas

some of them are not bright enough to fry cook,,, stopped in philomath texaco,,, got off waited ,,waited,,,guy talking on phone,,, looking rite at me,,, walked over to window,,,looking rite at me,,,went back ,,shoved card into pump ,,proceeded to pump,, was about full ,,,he comes out,,, what the hell are you doing ,,,he says,,,, told me cost him 1000 dollars if he gets caught ,,,and me 75,,, big lecture,,,, tank full I remove nozzle and get reciept,,, he askes if i have anything to say,,,told him thnx,,, rode off,,,, bet he comes out next time