1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Has anyone heard of a 'McCuff'

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gnarlynativebiker, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Maybe the ones who need to buy these McCuffs are the McDicks who work at those OR/NJ gas stations. Many years ago when I last rode through Oregon I stopped to fuel up. This kid came running out to stop me from pumping my own gas into my bike.
    This is how that conversation went.
    Kid: "Duuuuude, ya can't touch the nozzle, I gotta pump fer ya"
    Me: "What if I refuse to let you?"
    Kid: "Dude, my boss will kill me if he finds out!"
    Me: "Let's look at it another way. If you scratch my tank or spill gas all over it, who would you rather deal with, me or your boss.... DUDE?"

Needless to say "Dude" walked away and I pumped my own gas. It's been many years since I've had the pleasure of riding through Oregon. I'd love to see a large group of riders roll in just to see one of those kids running pump to pump while they all fill up.
  2. dukeofdirt

dukeofdirt New Member

Ditto Vermont in the "don't touch the nozzle" category.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Ken - so funny & true! Had the same talk a few times going through OR. All went about the same - none really insisted that they pump it, probably met a few other bikers before me, I guess. They did stand there so I could hand it back to 'em, though. Fine by me, they kept me motoring quicker that way.

Do love that OR 92 octane, though. That stuff gets me more mpg (which equals uninterrupted saddle time) than the 91 California crap that we have here in most of Nevada.
  4. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I'm not sure if it is a state requirement here in MA but I have had attendants at the full service stations hand me the nozzle and tell me that they're supposed to pump it. All though they had no interest in scratching my paint so they actually wanted me to do it. They just stand there and talk to ya while you're pumping. No biggy.:cool: I think it may be more of an insurance requirement for the owners rather than a regulatory thing. I usually go to the self serves anyway. They just happen to be closer to my house than the full serves.

We also had the long uncircumcised foreskin things on the pumps here for a while. I'm not sure if they're identical to the ones in CA and WA but they were a royal pain in the arse, especially when they were new. They seem to have mostly converted to the circumcised ones now which are much more user friendly. I wonder if that's how the ladies feel too.:confused:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I'm laugh'n ken, I was working up there a couple weeks ago and pulled my service truck up to the pump, went around and punched in my fuel card, told him to filler up, and went to get some coffee, came back and the DUDE:roflmao: was still standing there with the nozzle in hand stareing at me, I asked if there was a problem he said "dude can ya turn it off man " I laughed all the way to the key switch, I normally leave the diesel running as i fill cause it doesen't take that long to fill, it's not going to blow up, but thats not what I was laughing at it's that he just stood there with a stupid look on his face waiting for me to read his mind. mind you I had time to get coffee and come back out side.
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

wow

is that what happens to what I view as mega liberal state(s)? you can't even pump yer own gas..they will do it for ya cause they know better for you than yourself?
    wow:cool:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Oregon now lets motorcyclist pump their own gas after the gas Jockey hands you the nozzle first. Many times when a large group of blikes hit a station here in Oregon they let you do the whole process. Howevery if you are by yourself you better let then hand it to you. Many times when finished I will place the nozzle back on the pump and retrieve my recite and hit the road.
  8. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

sounds like you got one who flunked out of burger school, or may not even made it past the aptitude test:gah: