1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

HD Sportster 883C - remapping with S/O mufflers

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by sporty_kate, Sep 9, 2007.

1. sporty_kate

sporty_kate New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my 2007 Sportster 883C (with EFSI) on which I installed Rinehart S/O Mufflers (designed for the 2007 XL883C) last week. Ever since the engine hesitates when pulling up in 1st gear : for the first 1-2 seconds it seems there is no power; once past that point, the engine seems to be running as before. Very ennoying when passing on crossings :(

I'm a very new rider (only 2 months) so I really don't want to mess up my bike.

I'be been told that the air/fuel mixture might be too lean, and that the bike maybe has to be remapped.

questions are : is that possible on the 2007 XL883C, and, is there really no other solution ? All remarks are very welcome !

kind greeting from Belgium (Europe)
    Kate.
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I don't feel like an expert here, but since nobody's responded I figured I'd give you my two cents.

I don't have EFI, so I'm not saying this from personal experience. However, my ex has it and I've done the mapping for him when he's made changes. My understanding is that whenever you make any change to certain components - exhaust being one of them - you must remap.