1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

HD Truck Tests

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 18, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

400 HP at 2800 rpm

800 ft lbs at 1600 rpm on the 6.7 Powerstroke

The engine on a dodge is all there is. If you work them the rest of the truck falls apart.
  2. cardboard

Cummmings is fixin to release a New engine.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

4. cardboard

Bet I don't drive my truck 500 miles in a year
    I ride a motorcycle
  5. FLHTbiker

With Diesel prices at 439-459 here I don't think I'll be driving mine even that much. I know I would never buy another diesel truck again because of the fuel costs.:(
  6. cardboard

91 octane fuel here is higher than diesel
  7. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Most people who buy a diesel truck use them to commute back and forth to work 95% of the time, work only 5%. Why would you want to pay the higher price for fuel, maintenance, and wear of a diesel truck, when you could drive something much more comfortable, quieter, way cheaper to operate, better mileage, in a good gas V8 truck.

My GMC truck couldn't tow an 18 wheeler on a trailer, but who cares. Ford's eco-boost V6 belongs in a Mustang--not a truck. And won't live very long pushing a heavy truck.

And to whoever said GM never paid back it's gov't loan......better do some reading. GM paid it back in half the time the gov't demanded.

Attached Files:

8. FLHTbiker

When we purchased our Dodge Diesel we were pulling a big 5th wheel then a 11 foot camper. We now no longer have either and don't need the Dodge. Problem is well loose to much on it trying to sell it. Would love to have a Chevy or GMC 4X4 iwith the 5.3 gas motor in it. They are very nice and very comfortable.
  9. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

FLHT, everyone seems to be wanting your exact truck so would not be difficult to sell. Problem is, diesel fuel keeps getting a bigger price spread from gas as time goes by, and a diesel truck may become less desirable because of operating costs.

Mine is a "Flex Fuel" that can burn E-85. It may not get as good mpg as reg. gas, but E-85 is $2.79/gal here. Savings are worth the 2-3 mpg loss to me.