1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Head Porting...What is the True Value??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Again. I am not going to jump and buy a set right now, heck, I may not even port the heads that I have. Just asking about a different set...I just bought different pipes so I am going to the next step is all....:D
  2. MO tex

MO tex New Member

jb i ues to do the same thing you are doing and wore myself out trying to get a little more but still keeping it streetable. that is why i finely went with buell parts becouse harley or should i say eirc buell have allready done the work on making the sporster motor fast and streetable. now all i have to do is bye tiers and watch out for the law
  3. JohnnyBiker

Not sure what you mean by wearing myself out?? Just asking for a preference but no one here can seem to give an accurate depiction. What makes the TS or XB heads so much better?? Can you answer that??
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If your not going to change heads then why are you having this preference thing and so called pole :banghead: Man, you just need to stick to one thing at a time, cause your jumping in to many directions at once.
  5. JohnnyBiker

I said I may not... How can I make that decision if I don't have any information??:banghead: That and I am trying to make conversation... Is that OK with You???
  6. FLHTbiker

Conversation is good but your jumping all over the place like a Mexican jumping bean. Are you the nervouse type.
    Hey, nothing wrong with throwing ideas out there but like I said it seems like your jumping all over.:confused:
  7. JohnnyBiker

Read post 181... What does it say??
  8. FLHTbiker

Nope I'm done:rant:
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It says you need to slow down

Fix the carb

Put on pipes

Retune carb
    Dyno

Then get focused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. FLHTbiker

Maybe ol JB should change his handle to JJF :D
  11. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Now there's some good advice...:D
  12. JohnnyBiker

Thanks for giving it. I will be really happy with the new pipes that I bought too.:D
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

HRK is right , set up one point at a time , follow one step at a time , read about other parts Then go from there , or you'll be throwing time after time , Theres nothing wrong with wanting to learn , just take it one step at a time , it will all come together :D:cool:
  14. MO tex

MO tex New Member

jb i dont know the dif between the ts an xb heads. i just know that the xb heads made my bike run way better along with the cams and drag pipes and i also tuned the carb it has a 46 pilot an a 190 main. now it will out run the new harleys from 0 to 100+. made it a fun bike to ride. and it rilly pisses off my buddys with there new bikes
  15. JohnnyBiker

BTW, KC did a good job last night, I was rooting for San Diago but I appreciate a good game like last nights. It is good to hear about the heads and I will keep it open as a possibility. I need to see how my new pipes and tuned carb work first. Thanks for answering the question directly and honestly.. :D
  16. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

the XB & thunderstorm heads have bigger valves than tha SE heads
    (1.810/1.515 vs 1.715/1.480),difference between XB & thunderstorm,is that the XB heads have 7mm valves,t.storm has 5.16,both have 62cc chambers
  17. JohnnyBiker

i spoke to my indy today and he is looking up information (flow numbers) for my Se heads. The info that he has found says the my heads are equivlant to the buell s1 heads. He did say that he couldn't find the data specifically for tHE se so he is going to look for the data on the s1's. in the mean timE i am going to talk to my dealer and get some information or at least pointed in the right direction. :D
  18. JohnnyBiker

Just got off the phone with my indy and he had said that he did find the flow numbers for my heads which are 250 cfm at .500 lift. so that means that I would have to do some head work in order for me to be able to get cams that are capable of producing the power that I want. Well, I have decided that I am going to sit put and not spend about $2k to gain 10 hp and 10 ftlbs of torque. My bike runs like a raped ape and I am happy with what I have so I will leave it alone. I have plenty of time now to go and get that new bike I want.

thanks to all for the replies to this thread. I know at times I can be difficult but it is just to makes sure I understand properly what is being said, and of course to break peoples balls.... :roflmao:
  19. JohnnyBiker

When the Johnson's Get Put Away

I would have to say that this is the best forum that is out here. We are a small active community, but we are very different in so may area's which means we are all so effective in our given areas of knowledge, And I mean EVERYONE!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF BIKE TALK!!!