1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Head Porting...What is the True Value??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. prodrag1320

prodrag1320 Active Member

those will work fine,alot more flow can be had with them,just take your time
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:fight::wtf: YOU CANUCKS GOT A PROBLEM WITH US FLORIDA GUYS HA . AT LEAST WE CAN DRIVE :roflmao: A WE GET TO RIDE ALL YEAR HA HA HA
  3. baggerpaul

WELCOME TO THE PLACE THE WILL WEAR YOU OUT AND HAVE YOU BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE TABLE WHEN YOU HEAR SOME OF THE **** THAT GUYS DO !!!:roflmao: GET READY!!!!!:roflmao:
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Ya ya ya rub it in:D....This time of year you guys gotta watch out for our French Speakin' Blue Hairs;) any chance of ya keepin them there...:roflmao:
  5. prodrag1320

after having a shop for 30 years,ive probebly seen everything!!
  6. prodrag1320

7. baggerpaul

SCREW YOU BUDDY I FIX THE CARS AS FAST AS I CAN AND SEND THE BLUE HAIRS BACK TO YA ANY WE BETTER STOP WE WILL GET TALK TO ABOUT HI JACKING THIS THRED!!!!:roflmao::cool:
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Kirby good to see you here, I still gotta stop by the shop, if I can get time

BTW that 113 is back together running good (well it hasn't thrown anything off or
    leaked a qt out yet...LOL)
  9. prodrag1320

10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

11. prodrag1320

i pretty much did in a earlier post,heads are the one of the most over looked part of a performance build,alot of riders & porters are under the understanding that "bigger is better",which is very rarly the case,even in a drag race application.every set of heads to be ported should be done for exact build being used.we get asked alot if we have heads ready to go,we dont,we find out the componates being used,compresion & riders syle,then port the heads to complement the RPM`s motor will run in & where the flow & volocity will work with cam(s).theres some very good porters out there & hacks too.we get alot of requests to "fix" heads someone else messed up,very hard to do & not cost effective,your better off getting new castings and starting over.when looking for a good porter,dont go for the cheapest or most expesive,guys that have been doing it for years are your best bet (if there heads didnt work,they wouldnt still be doing it)one thing to check with your SE heads is if the portsover hang the seats,we`ve seen alot of this with SE head
    http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/veetwin1/100_5785.jpg
    http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/veetwin1/100_5786-1.jpg
    http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/veetwin1/100_5787-1.jpg
    http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/veetwin1/100_5796-1.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

So just out of curiosity, what would you do to my heads?
  13. prodrag1320

with SE,S&S or any other aftermarket heads,ide really have to flow test them before ide know,we`ve done some pretty bad ass XL`s,got a guy in indiana with a stock displacement 1200 (street)buell,putting 119 to the wheel.have you thought about going 1250?
  14. baggerpaul

wow that is some ****y workman ship if it left the factory like that it a shame they call that se head . well good thing you got a serdi to un shroud it . nice bowl work by the way .
  15. prodrag1320

youde be surprised on how many SE heads we see like that
  16. baggerpaul

i hear ya i see it in the automotive end as well workmanship has gone by the way side thats why i have core heads done for me as an order . from dart and weld tec . call em up and run my program . done deal of the shelf aint what it was thats for sure ! install seats fit my guides. sand paper them valve job . free drops install heights and im done ! bolt them on and see ya ! cnc programs that you develop digitize them and they are always the same saves me alot of time for my builds . but with crate engines out there i cant compete any more ! seems like guys like to run ching chang crap ! and i wont build ching chang crap and put my name on it , so i have a few old customers i still build for any way, nice shop ! look up your web site wish i new you were in deland i was just there last week. for octoberfest . would have stoped in to say hello. all the best to ya kirby welcome to the site and i hope the guys here in florida give ya some work it would be nice .
  17. prodrag1320

we`ve got a pretty big mail machine work order thing going across the countryfor other racers,riders & other shops,got rid of my whole shop in indiana,moved to florida,semi retired,just doing engine building & machine work.trying to kick back a bit (kinda hard for a lifelong "workaholic") stop by when your in the area
  18. baggerpaul

will do all the best brother. seeya next time im in the area.;)
  19. MO tex

MO tex New Member

jb i have a 1200 sporster and i put a set of buell xb heads and n4 cams tuned the carb and its hard to keep the front tire on the ground first thru third. no other head work is needed. i have not put it on the dyno but if it runs good why waste the money
  20. prodrag1320

you should see what we can do with thunderstorm or XB heads:D