1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Heel/Toe Shifters

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AZroaddust, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

the heel lever is coming off, after about 4-500 mi I was wanting to move my foot back alittle to get my chaps from unbuttoning in the wind and could not move back, the wind was also cold,:cussing: (course thats a longer story) and my right foot was fine moving it back about an inch my left had to stay there and suffer.
  2. manyanna51

manyanna51 New Member

I tried to get used to it on my last ride (heritage) but I need to move my foot around while riding. With my Streetglide it came of as soon as it entered my garage, I've just got to buy the chrome plug to cover the end of the shaft.
  3. Ted

Ted New Member

Years ago I thought rusty visegrips were standard shifter on all $50.00 motorcycles. Life is tuff on po folks. Some of you all must have had a pampered life. Born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
    Later Ole Ted
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i still have my rusty vice grips from days past.....:)
  5. Ted

Ted New Member

chucktx

My first one was a knuckle head 41 61 I think I pushed it more than I road it. They were the days. I finely pulled the transmission and welded new teath on the crank gear. Wile in there I found the forth gear fork was broke. I welded it. Put it back togather. That bike had 4 gears. I was in Hog heaven.
    Remember the timeing retard in your left hand.Forget it and your knee would hit you in the chin. they were the days. Later ole Ted
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I like TRG's idea of cutting down the heel peg to just a nub. I rarely use it but its nice to have. Plus I'm always catching my pant leg on that peg which drives me nuts.