1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Helmet Speakers

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by Fatboy128, Jul 27, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well sense he don't get it I was trying to see if he leaves an escape route in case some A-Hole is not stopping and gonna sandwich yea between him and the cage in front of you.
    Was sitting at a left turn light one time with nobody in front of me. There was a Subaru to my right at the red light. All of a sudden I hear tires skidding and looked in my mirrors real quick. I always keep my bike in first gear with the clutch pulled in so I can make a quick start just in case. Well it was another cage not paying attention coming up fast behind the Subaru but couldn't stop. It was a hot day and the Subaru had their windows down and when the impact occurred I saw both driver and female passengers heads go back with a quick snap and then forward. Heard the female passenger scream and was gasping for air. Quickly jumped off and went to their aid. They were OK but very shook up and the back rest stopped their necks from breaking. Other drive was about the same, airbag saved him. Back of the Subaru was caved in, probably totaled.
    But what if a motorcycle was sitting directly behind a car with no escape route. You would be sandwiched for sure. So I always leave an escape route and keep it in gear.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Outta the thousands of times we watch our mirrors when at a red light .....It only takes ONE time failure to do so and WHAM ! Been there. I've been doing "pretty well" for 47 yrs, but still...l Wham. If cars,as big as they are, get rear ended why can't bikes? All we can do is everything possible to increase the ODDS to our favor..
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I try to always scan in front of me, to the sides and keep up with looking at my rear
    view mirrors.
    So I know always try to have a way out.

I'm scared of cagers. They just don't pay attention and got to many other things going on in their life.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

From speakers to cages in one thread
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

What?
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  7. FLHTbiker

Man was riding the Springer down the freeway coming back from Maddogs place this afternoon and my god it was like a race track out there. I was following a pickup who was doing about 5 over which is fine, speed limit is 55. Well here comes this car (two black girls) on the right side had to be doing at least 90 and it went between that pickup and a car in front of them. They didn't even slow down and put it between two other cars just missing the bumper of each one. Then comes another one doing the same thing (two black guys), just be related. I took the next exit and took the back way home.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If ya waited you'd probably seen a cop car chasing them
  9. FLHTbiker

Democrats spent all the extra money on Cover Oregon and Obummer care and now there is none left for the cops.
  10. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

FL says the sound of the music on his CVO speakers is fantastic , well it sure is loud, but 1954 charley Doolittle and the swamp rats ain't my kinda music.lol. Carful with the helmet speakers, you'll loose the hearing you've got, I use themand when I get off the bike I can't hear squat for awhile. I can hear FLs outside speakers.