1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Historic Code

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Jul 17, 2013.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I just cut a small 6 inch piece of wire
    and touched the proper leads in the harness
    nothing to buy...
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Only "historic code" I know is: Don't rat yer buddies out.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Amen on that one
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

There it is ,in a nut shell :D
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Hear nothing,see nothing ,say nothing;) Rat`s are a dieing breed...

Code was an ECM issue....buddy of mine has a code reader and thats what came up...PCIII was still hooked up,if that mattered or not I don`t know....cleared the code and it hasn`t shown up on the ride home...another buddy rode it home though and said it doesn`t seem to have the snap it did last time he rode it...
    Speedo started acting up yesterday too...I was doing 30MPH at a stop sign...new speed sensor last year too:banghead:
  6. FLHTbiker

Can you unplug the PC III and run it stock.
  7. hotroadking

just clean the sensor, sometimes that's the trick...
  8. Lucifer

I could ,but it would be way too lean...

Hopefully that'll fix it...not very many miles on the sensor though...seems odd to me it would get dirty enough to start acting up with only about 7000+- on it...be interesting to see whats on the magnet....
  9. hotroadking

I had the same problem on my 00 heritage, for a short time I couldn't get a speedo sensor to go too many miles, it was a design issue with the senor at least that's the story

PIA to replace eventually it stopped happening...

At least it's a freebee fix...
  10. FLHTbiker

The reason I mentioned about unplugging it was I once had a PC II and had the same problems. I was out of town and called my dealer and they said unplug it. I did and it ran fine. Turned out to be a bad tuner which they warrantied.
  11. Lucifer

I could see them being a PIA on the Heritage...everything under the oil bag is pretty tight quarters....not too bad on the King though,just have to fish the wire around the starter,that's if I replace it,clean first though....there was more to changing the crank sensor....

FLHT, I might just do that and pull the PC,just to rule it out(not the speedo)because the bike seems to be running a little rough down low and is smelling rich, it's good on the highway....I'd like to have it sorted out before I head out on out Maritime provinces little road trip...but I'm going anyway:D Just throw a few sensors in the bag:rolleyes:
  12. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Lucifer, if your headin Moncton way, check out upcoming Moto Moncton at start August, then a few weeks later its Shediac Motorcycle Festival. Google it for info, if you are interested. Shediac was a blast last time I went... Dyno run setup on Main st, bars, babes, beer...
  13. Lucifer

I have relatives in Shediac,used to spend some time there in the 70's(I think:roflmao:) Heading to Miramichi on the 30th for a few days to tour around,then Summerside for a couple days,then back to Louisbourg for some of the 300th anniversary celebrations....gonna meet my step daughter and grand daughter for the first time, tagging up with them in Miramichi...so me around booze,babes and bikes might not make a good first impression:roflmao: Maybe Shediac for a boyz only run:cool:
  14. Lucifer

Don't forget about Bikes Babes and Booze...lol.... I mean Blues...Dutchy's Blues Fest...this is his boy Garrett

http://youtu.be/M1FCam-zJaI