1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hmmm Chevrolet

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 21, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

What ever :rolleyes: I to owned many older U.S. cars and they lasted just fine with over 100,000 on them. The only mistake we ever made was we bought a piece of crap 74 Datsun pickup cause we thought we were going to save on more gas. Got 16 MPG so I went to a Ford Ranger 4X4, best damn little truck I have ever owned and wished I had it back. It did circles around all the Toy's. That Datsun was the first and last Japanese crap auto we ever bought. Had a 89 Chevy S-10 went well over 100,000 before we bought a full size and had no problem with it either. Had a 73 Nova hatch back another great car with a 305 stick shift and did better than that datsun 4 cyl pickup. I really wished I had that Nova back. Another great car was my 65 Mustang. You can have your Japanese auto's I've had great luck buying American auto's. :)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i can honestly say that i have never purchased a foreign made auto/truck.....i plan to keep it that way.....and i do like fords....
  3. FLHTbiker

Some may not like the bail outs of the U.S. autos but one thing to think about and that is if we don't buy Chevy's, Dodge then how would yea expect them to pay anything back. I'll put that Chevy Malibu up against any runaway made.
    Good for you Chuck, buy USA
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I really don't expect it will ever be repaid...

at least correctly repaid with cash, more like credits, and stock
    and special forgiveness and giveaways etc but not a
    real repayment..
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am a Ford person through and through with the exception of my dad's Chevelle and my hopefully soon 78 Camero that I want to extreme muscle out. I cam remember when the economy really took a hard turn for the worst, my wife and I were at the local dealer looking to trade our van and the sales guy was pushing really hard for us to buy a Chrysler. (Oh for PUKE)! I remember telling the guy that I had no interest in buying something from a company that may not be around in a year. Same goes for Chevy.

I guess I do not watch the boob tube enough but whatever happened with Chrysler, did they get purchased or not?
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

this may help.....

Who owns the chrysler car company? | Answerbag
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Don't care who owns Ma Mopor we have two , my 01 dodge diesel with 236K miles & the wife drives a 05 Dodge magnum with 50K miles she traded in a PT crusier with 100k miles on it it was the 5 spd No trouble out of any of them other then normal & never bought any foriegn car/trucks & never will :cool:
  8. FLHTbiker

We should start a Club, get some colors that says Proud to Buy American
  9. cowboy

Ya & we should ask the Gov of AZ to be the prez she has some big stones for a lady , she told obame to kiss her back side in a nice way & sighned the imagration bill anyway :cool:
  10. JohnnyBiker

I like that Idea. :cheers: Here is something that I think everyone will like. there is this guy that I work with that has the balls to say that HD is not an American Bike.:witsend: :wtf: He rides a Victory, and his girlfriend rides an HD. the funny part is that she says that she will convert him and he says that he will convert her. :roflmao:
  11. FLHTbiker

Bet, she wins :D
  12. cowboy

What model vivtory does he ride ,& what Hd model does she ride? those vic are some good running & riding bikes & both are USA made for most part
  13. JohnnyBiker

She rides an 883 and i am not sure what model he rides but it was a nice looking machine until he put those really ugly saddle bags on it.