1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

HogTunes

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by Blue and Black, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Blue and Black

Blue and Black New Member

In many ways, I am new to the forum. However, I am considering purchasing the six-speaker Hogtunes system c/w the separate amp for the two speakers mounted in the lower fairings of my 2008 H-D Ultra Classic. I have reviewed a number of YouTube videos that range from very good to very bad reviews. Does anyone have an opinion I could consider before I finalize my purchase?
    Black and Blue
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have a friend that did it......he loves em and i like the sound also....if i turn my radio off and ride behind him, i can hear his quite clearly..........
    i dont know about their customer service, as he has not had any problems....maybe some others will chime in......welcome, and have fun!!!:)
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I too have been thinking about replacing the 2 speakers on my street glide. I hate how the stock speakers have that old AM radio sound at speed.
  4. Blue and Black

Thanks chucktx for your response. I have since decided to purchase the six-speaker set c/w the 100 watt amp. Can't wait!
  5. Blue and Black

Thanks kenfused. I agree about the poor sound quality from the H-D stock speakers. I just can't wait for my new Hogtune speakers to arrive.
  6. chucktx

let us know how ya like em!!!!
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

KNow that Harmon Kardon makes the sterio radio for HD, their unit will play CD's and you can put MP3's on the Cd.
    Tried to look at their site and they don't show much for a Harley.

Why don't anybody else make a waterproof radio, stereo like they do and advertise it to go with the Hog Tunes Speakers. and it not cost 1000.00
  8. chucktx

there are lots of places that make stereos for harleys, even have the plug and play for the handlebar controls...........
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

And are they waterproof and you don't have to have a shield over them like a marine radio.

It has to be operated by the handle bar controls just like the factory one.
  10. chucktx

yup.......mine is waterproof without the cover......but doesnt have the handlebar controls
  11. steveb

steveb Active Member

I would like to hear how people like the Hog tune speakers. I have been thinking about chaging out the front speakers on my '08 Ultra to see if I can improve the sound quality at highway speeds.
  12. chucktx

13. Blue and Black

I have had my Hogtunes six-speaker upgrade installed in my 08 Ultra since April. I have to say that the sound quality is much better then the H-D stock speakers. In addition, the two extra speakers in the lowers (c/w their very own 100 watt amp) give a great low end sound that really adds to the overall quality of the sound system. So, if you can afford the cost involved, I will recommend this upgrade.

The only negative is the fact that the two rear speakers still have a less then full sound. I haven't been able to figure out why just yet.

Blue and Black
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I run the memphis audio speakers & sound good way better the stock HD , my brother on his 98 ultra clasic just put some J&M corp speakers in & my bro-in-law has the hog tunes the J&M sound better to me both bikers were next to each other so it was a easy test bro-inlaw even thought our 's sounded better then his