1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Honey Dew Flame Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by FLHTbiker, May 31, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Man did I get myself into this one. Started about 2 PM this afternoon. Honey dew project for the wife. She wants the flamed upper fork covers on her Ultra Trike:rolleyes:

What a job, pull the front wheel, brakes and fender off. Pull the handle bars off. Pull the outer fairing off and then the inner fairing. Pull the front forks off. They were stubborn to. Kuryakyn has there fork coverer's in two pieces so you don't have to pull the forks. However Harley is the only one that has the flame ones. :rolleyes:

Got it all pulled apart and when putting them together do you think those forks would cooperate and install, no. :witsend:

Got the right fork in after a bit but the left one just did not want to go. Had to make a home made puller to thread into the fork upper. Cleaned and lubed em but still really tight going back in.

Got the forks in but will finish putting it back together tomorrow or Friday, got to got to work.

Here are a few pics,
    Good thing I love her:)

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

but she like them & you don't , look's like a job & a half , but good looking
  3. FLHTbiker

She likes flames, but man you got to tear the whole front end apart just to remove the old ones and install these flame ones.
  4. cowboy

So your saying she's stuck with them like em or not :D
  5. FLHTbiker

She likes em:D
  6. cowboy

man your lucky , good thing she does since there on there , they do look good
  7. FLHTbiker

Took me so long getting the left side fork tub back on I'll finish up putting it back together tomorrow. Made a puller out of a longer threaded bolt a 3/4 drive socket and a washer. Had to use a 3/4 drive socket to get the bolt through it. :)
  8. FLHTbiker

Have not had much of chance to finish up the wifes Trike yet, work keeps gets in the way. Did get in a couple of hours yesterday. Putting the fairing back on is a pain is the you know what. Noticed that her front brakes were pretty much worn out. Had a set of new brakes in my parts for several years so she has a new set of front brakes now. Gotta go pick up some new bulbs to replace the burned out instrument bulbs and then button it up.
    She said she needs the bike for a big womens ride this Sunday, told her it will be done. :)
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes.....fork covers are a pia!!!!!!! glad she likes them......hope she is paying by the hour!!!! lol lol