1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hot Rider Had A Bad Day

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 21, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

And he would of said to the officer, but officer I didn't see them as your laying sprawled out on the ground. Idiots
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ride like you are invisible
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  3. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

All this reminds me of ride last fall with two buddies. On Cherohala Skyway after ride through tail of the dragon. Saw bikes in front of us passing on double yellow. Came around sharp curve and saw bike on side. Stopped, rider locked it up, lost it and was wedged between two trees. Bike off mtn actually perched up in trees. Rider was dead. Sobering end to a great day... did not have to happen. We all accept this because we have to ride. But it does remind you, take it seriously and pay attention....
    Tomflhrci98 and JohnnyBiker like this.
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Intersections is where most of 'em happen. Glad you were alert and got through it unscathed. I had a close call last week - same basic scenario. Lot of distracted drivers out there and we must assume NONE of them sees us. Good looking out.
  5. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

I had my close call today. Riding into work, just got into town by the gas station and the pickup coming at me decides to turn into the station RIGHT in front of me. Good thing this fat old man still has quick reflexes, but I realize my road King gets pretty squirrely when I lock up the rear brake. I`m sure I missed hitting the morons bass boat by just inches.