1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

How Do You Carry?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 17, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Cardboard, I could care less if the time comes when I need to protect somebody with my gun that they are "against" me having a weapon on me. I can almost guarantee you that they will appreciate it after the fact. Think about about how they may feel if they knew I had the opportunity to protect them but chose not to because I wussed out and thought about if "they were against that I can and "legally" carry a gun"? Granted, I am not obligated by law to intervene, however, knowing who JohnnyBiker is as a person, I could not stand by and let it happen. I just could not live with JohnnyBiker if that happened.

Cardboard, you have the right to think and act how you wish, however every person is different and being behind a computer screen talking like you are a 1%er yourself is petty, whatever your experiences have been in life. As FatBoy mentioned, it seems like you have a real ax to grind with law enforcement in general and you openly make it obvious, whatever happened to cause that is none of my business, however, not all law enforcement is corrupt and incompetent as the Texas system that you seem potray that it is.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wow Johnny proud of you as that's the best thing I've ever seen you say. 100% agree with you. :)
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Going back a little, I just wanted to comment on actually carrying my gun. As mentioned, there are 2 ways that I want to try. I bought a leather vest specifically for carry, and then to carry IWB. People mentioned that my choice of carry gun may be too heavy to carry for various reasons. I did keep this all in mind and this is what I have found.

I find that carrying my gun in my vest is uncomfortable. I know I mentioned that I was considering a shoulder harness but I am finding that carrying on vest is inconvenient in the way that the snaps are of great quality and it takes a real effort to undo them to gain access to my gun. Yes the gun shouldn't fall out then but just not what I like. I also am not all that thrilled about how my gun is secured into my vest. Kind of chincey IMO. Now here is where the concern of weight comes in for me. Having a fully loaded 45 hanging with no real support is awkward and not comfortable. Now when I use my Colt Mustang, or eventually a pocket 9 of some sort, this may change, but for my 45, not a place to carry for me.

I definitely prefer to carry on my hip with IWB. I have found that this provides the best access and comfort. I carry just behind the right hip canted ever so slightly forward. It was mentioned to buy my pants a little bit bigger. Well, no need for that as I am finding that the Remora holster works almost flawlessly. I have resorted to wearing a wearing a belt loosely to provide just enough pressure on the weapon to prevent the whole holster from coming out when drawing my weapon. As far as weight and comfort is concerned, well, when carrying IWB I can hardly notice that my weapon is there. Even when riding. I carry a spare loaded mag on the left of my body as well. I am also finding that I have no issues with full concealment as I once did because I am a little guy. Working well.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

good, finding what works is important.

Remoras do a good job, quick easy access and not expensive.