1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

How not to pass in a pack

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I was a firefighter for four years. The worst accident I ever saw was a biker going wide on an outside turn and hitting a guard rail. He was wearing a helmet. In that helmet is where we found his head. His body was much closer to the bike, about 50 yards away.
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Red Rider, Whew! Gruesome . . . A few months back, a boy in my woodshop class ran a buddies crotch rocket off the road at 100+ mph. It was on an outside curve, so he landed in a freshly plowed field and escaped with a few broken ribs and a broken toe. The Suzuki was totalled. After getting out of the hospital, he came by my shop one evening as I was working on Ol' Bob (Shovel bobber) and one of the things he said was that he wanted to get a fast bike like the one he crashed. I just looked at him like he was crazy. I reckon teenagers think they'll live forever . . .
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have been fortunate to not know anyone that has not died in a motorcycle wreck.

I thought about buying a sport bike at one time, almost bought a Ducati. I came to the realization that I like speed too much and i probably would end up the fellow that Red described. NO thanks!!!
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ain't you ever seen their T-Shirts that say

NO Fear...............:banghead:

Their Bread ain't dun either..........
    And they ain't got no learnin either.

Little on Common Sense.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Johnny they don't know Red, yer in the wrong place man.:rant:
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I talking about red rider. I do not know any other red? :gah:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't think CB, reads all or the whole posts sometimes I knew what yea meant.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If any of you have ever been on the scene of a bad motorcycle crash it will make you sick. Had a couple we were friends with and on a long ride they were riding two up. He was on a newer bike he had just picked up, a Goldwing 1500 which has a lot more power that a stock HD Ultra has. He thought he could pass this RV towing a boat and misjudged his ability to get around in time to make the corner coming up. Instead of backing off he kept on going and could not slow down in time to make the corner. They went off the road and it threw his wife air born and she impacted a tree and we found her in a farmers chicken coupe sitting upright. She was dead and everything we tried didn't help. We finally got a blanket and covered Gail.

This happened over ten years ago and its still breaks me up even sharing this. Her husband, quit riding after that and had a hard time of it. He later told me that he killed her. Pretty tuff thing for sure. Yea, speed kills and also not understanding how to properly control a bike and most importantly making the right decisions and judgment about the capability's of the bike your riding.