1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Hypnotic Leather

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by phlsphyguy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Who knows I'm sure it came from china as well nobody makes stuff in the USA as far as clothing anymore when it can be done for pennies on the dollar overseas.

Not just the manuf fault, we buy stuff at Wal-Mart to save bucks. Buddy get jeans at wal-mart under $10 a pair, now if you figure profit, shipping, buyers expense, inventory, and cost of goods, it might have cost $3 to have them made in China... If you buy it you support it.. not much you can do anymore though.

If you saw the same pair at a local store for $40 USA made and then a pair at Wal-Mart for $10 you'd probably end up with 4 pairs from wal-mart. At least the average shopper will.

You can tell the difference though in most of the stuff at the vendors at bike events. Some of it is good, much is ok.
  2. smiley7661

smiley7661 New Member

I got some of the Harley Chaps this spring, they are really nice, the leather is very soft, and they have the HD embossed on the leg. They also have 2 zippers so if I am just in jeans, or if I have to put on long-johns, they can still fit. I will see how long they last, but the stuff seems to be pretty good quality.