1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I can see

Discussion in 'Projects' started by chucktx, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i may change to deerlights on with the hibeam off. havent tested it at night yet....rode to cleveland with all on to check drain on system, there wasnt any that i detected. if ya run with all the lights on it should give you a better chance to see something in the road before ya get there.
  2. fujimo

fujimo New Member

lites

i wired mine so all are on at hi beam,,,do the same with pickups and cars,,,had one cop stop me and was in process of writing ticket,,,and finally believed my plea that car came that way,,,so he told me to fix and left,,,now try to make sure i dim aux real early,,,,been four years since stopped,,, run them all on hi during day ,,if in traffic like l.a. ,,chicago ,,,etc,,,,i can pull up behind a vehicle in day time and if he is going really slow,,,put brights on,,,they do move over,,,,pops
  3. chucktx

now that i can see what is in front of me at night.....i want to be seen from the rear also. as the saying goes.....CAN YOU SEE ME NOW *******??????

Attached Files:

4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

look's good , I have three tail light's not including the fender tip & have five brake lights , I added two more 2in rear lights on eather side of the lincens plate & hoohed the up as brake lights , have the T light brake light kit for the stock t signals
  5. chucktx

rode to eat this evening........about 70 miles. got a good test with the "deer" lights......aircraft landing....
    to quote my ol'lady....."dam, those lights are like nite and day!!!"

they worked great and now i "do own the nite"!!!!
  6. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Heck, I can't even drive with the driving lights on without oncoming flashing their highbeams at me. :confused:

Aren't you driving people into the ditch with those things.:D
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I wired my driving light on my Ultra to stay on when the brights are on. Helps a lot at night especially on those really dark roads. When you run your lights on bright during the day cars can really see ya coming with the spots on also.
  8. chucktx

i have my deer lites running in conjunction with hi beams. i also have to turn on an aux switch to activate them with the hi beams. my spots are wired to function when i want them to. with lowbeams or highbeams...or neither. i do not operate the deer lites with oncomming traffic, unless they are so discourteous to not dim there lites ...........then i will use them..and they will dim theirs........they dont get into a light fight!!! lol lol
  9. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

pretty sure at your loacal trucker dealership you can get lamps to fit into your stock h. d. lamp fixtures. they run a pretty bright light. hmmm , might have to get a couple. deer turn into moose round here . theyre pretty good roadblocks.
  10. chucktx

i bought mine at napa auto parts store,,,,,about 7 us dollars apiece,,,
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I buy my headlight bulbs for my bikes from auto parts stores and never at HD. There less than half the price and you get a brighter light to boot.
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Be sure to put a relay in on the power source line, don't run the power through the switch or you'll burn it up.
  13. chucktx

yup..........lol