1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

If'n you could only have One

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 17, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Bet if you drove 15,000 miles a year the tires on that bike would be worn out.
    Think how they would sound runnin 85 for 600 miles.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

actually the tires are pretty good. there is some noise but not like you would think. and they last a pretty good while. the folks that ride west texas use these bikes alot. when i was out there i talked to some riders......they had no problems with noise or longevity.....
  3. fujimo

fujimo New Member

hey cardboard,,,the tires on my bike been changed twice this year,,,, 2o000 miles ,,pops
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Kick Ass !

you been doing some styling I can tell now.

Must be fun.:D
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I would keep the '96 FLSTC I own now!:)
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  6. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Ain't nobody mentioned Married or Single! I loved my ol lowrider but suspension didn't cut it on the ass end! So you have to go E-glide in my book low wind deflector & quick detach tour-pak boom you got a street-glide. Leather lowers and tall windshield you got your ultra. Put some money in the motor and your keepin up with pretty much anything out there!
  7. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm New Member

I would stay with my FLSTC but would like to take a new one for a ride. Well, maybe not. I'm sure if I rode one, I would want one.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you ride the new 09 or 10's you'll want one, frame is different, wider rear tire, better shocks and swing arm,

It just outrides the older FL's, not talking trash on the older ones, but it's way better especially in the twisties...