1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

I'm back as the original Red Rider!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, May 8, 2021.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Don't know exactly why, but I'd had to use Red Rider2 login for awhile. Now the system has let me back in as Red Rider...which is fine, as I am still riding a red bike - though Ol' Red, the Road King is usually in the stable, Cherry, the 2019 114 Heritage Classic, is getting rode hard this year.

Yesterday, I was cruising fast on the freeway and made the mistake of blowing by a group of cars at 98MPH. You can guess what happened, one of the cars broke from the pack and lit up all the flashing lights that no one wants to see in their mirrors. I won't say where it was, because the patrolman who pulled me over was VERY nice. He saw my Veteran license plates and my military and firefighter patches and, after having a good minute or two reading and laughing about my helmet stickers, he let me off with a verbal warning! Besides being a veteran, I believe it helped my cause that I "owned" my behavior and greeted him with a smile when he approached. Cops get enough crap from the losers out there that it must have been refreshing to him that I didn't whine or complain about him pulling me over. So I strongly recommend y'all greet the folks with badges courteously, and if you know you did something wrong, just own it. He could have taken me in or wrote me a ticket from Hell...instead we both just enjoyed a chuckle about my stickers.

Ride free, brothers & sisters!
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Hey now RR, Great to hear from you.
    Good deal on the speeding experience. I too, regardless of the issue am polite and cooperative. If would have got a cop on a mission he could have lit you up. Lucky lucky lucky.
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Red Rider likes this.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good job, I remember when NV was "drive as fast as is safe" state...
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Red, You Badass! :p