1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ink Glide

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Dec 7, 2012.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Kinda like having sex with a big fat gal
    fun to ride but don't wanna get caught doing it...
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yeah, sumthin' like that . . . yeee-haw! You know, I like to go to bike shows now and then and look at all the stuff there. I have respect for the builders who make them - lots of wasted time time goes into them :roflmao:. There are some that are really cool, too, but for me that would be the older iron conservatively customized. Iron you wouldn't be afraid to get dirty, or scratched or dinged from everyday riding.

I see a certain philosophy behind trophy seekers, and that's alright. Just not my bag. I'm content with my garage built po' boy shovel. Even if I had the money to throw at mine, it would still look and function the same, with all the frustration and heartaches included, cause when you crank that ol' thang up and take off, boys let me tell ya, there's ne feelin' like it to be found anywhere. :D
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

That's why a lot of riders used to buy a Electra Glide Standard. Hardly no chrome. Everything aluminum colored.
    Didn't cost as much.

Know you like OLd Iron but this bike would spoil you JB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Same here:cheers:I'd much rather look at fully restored Flatties,Knucs,Pans and Shovels:cool: and customized bikes with hi-per built engines and nice paint that are road worthy,not the push,trailer,park things that have never had oil circulate through them...

And yes CB EG Standard was the best bang for the buck bike Harley put out...guess that's why they stopped making them;)...Dropped the rear end an inch,put black & chrome engines in,smaller seat,jacked the price and called them Street Glides,so now you get more for less buying an EG Classic than a street Glide:rolleyes:
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yup, the older EG was a fine bike. My motor came out of one :D. BTW, nice pic of you on yer Ultra Limited.
  6. cardboard

The 08 EGS was a nice bike.

But I really like my Limited.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Ugly!!!!!!!!
  8. cardboard

It has a 120R motor in it
  9. Lucifer

SNS 106" with extra go fast goodies ....what a waste:banghead:never be used...:brick:
  10. cardboard

Not so sure. Know some people that spent the money on them Had the valve guides replaced with better ones.
    Changed the cams to woods cams. And did a few other things to improve the motor.
    They say the motor runs very, very good. And if you want to git on it you can pass anybody with no problem.
    Said the motor pulls harder than anything they have ever had.
    Lot of people are impressed withit.
    Talked to the Master Harley Tech at a couple HD dealers. They said what exhaust you put on the motor will determine the HP you git out of it.
    They like the results of a 2in1 pipe.
    There has been a extensive write up about the 120R motor in other forums where people has gotten them.
    Everybody is happy with them. Everybody was glad they got one
    Before I traded my bike. I was considering one. A builder told me he has heard nothing but good about them
    If you can't control your wrist. I hear they are Hell on back tires.
  11. Lucifer

:roflmao: The fugly bike in post 1 is a 88 to 106... an' if ya bought a 120R it's a waste if ya only ride around at 2500-3000 RPMs:devil:
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Butt ugly is more like it & a big wast of a good engine , built to set :wtf:
  13. cardboard

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

What do most show bikes do.

How much you been riding yer bike lately?