1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Inlet elbow and hose size

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by Hazy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Hazy

Hazy New Member

I've replaced the fuel inlet with the CV brass unit which will take a 5/16 hose. My hi-flow petcock is 3/8. All the petcocks I can find are either 1/4 or 3/8. All the elbows are 1/4 or 5/16. I "might" be able to fit a 5/16 hose on the 3/8 petcoack but it will be sure to split after a while. Right now I've got a 3/8 hose on and the clamp (after stripping a couple to get tight enough) isn't leaking but it's cutting into the hose enough that I know it will be a point of failure. What gives here? Why the disparity in sizes? And what do I do to correct it? Thanks.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Hazy

Hazy New Member

Already spent big dollars on a Pingle hi-flow with a 3/8 outlet so that ain't happening. What I don't understand is that there are so many 3/8 petcocks and no elbows. I think it's time to get out the drill and the tap set.
  4. hotroadking

How long have you had it, contact Pingle and see if you can do a swap, if it's new and you haven't run it they may just do a trade, then you're 5/16 otherwise you'll need to find a 3/8 inlet.
  5. Hazy

Hazy New Member

Lemme see - 3 maybe 4 years. Don't think that's an option. So where can I find a 3/8 inlet? I'm assuming I'll have make one or use a standard brass fitting.
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

If cost is a concern, Golan makes a nice fuel valve as well. Way less than a Pingle. Just a suggestion.
  7. Hazy

Hazy New Member

Cost is always a concern! I'm retired on a fixed income. I'm not going to buy another petcock after spending well North of $100 for what is supposed to be one of the best.
  8. hotroadking

You do have the best, but you need a way to get connected.

Contact Ken at CV Performance, the links below, they sponsor the board but
    direct contact with them is the best if you got the elbow from CV...

There is a contact us link at the bottom right of the page.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Another option is you could find an inline hose adapter with 3/8" on one side and a 5/16' on the other and connect it that way for now just to buy you some time until you can fix the issue properly. Use appropriate size corbin clams on each side, done.. I wouldn't leave it that way for long as it will screw up flow but it will get you back in the wind until you can fix it properly...
  10. Hazy

Hazy New Member

Thanks for all the input. For right now I'm just going with a 5/16 rubber hose forced onto the petcock. Not a proper solution but it'll work.