1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Installing Dyna Wide Glide Bars on a Fatboy

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by GOTAFATTY?, Jul 19, 2004.

1. GOTAFATTY?

GOTAFATTY? New Member

I am wanting to install stock Dyna wide glide bars on my 04 Fatboy, I have spoken with a few different people, some say my stock cables will fit, others say no way! Can anyone help me with this?
  2. VYBR8R

VYBR8R New Member

New Bars, Which Cables

An easy method to use when figuring out proper length of cables that has worked for me is for each additional inch of rise in the bars you should add an inch to the stock demensions, for each additional inch of reach add 1/2 inch (round up to the next even inch when done). This will put you in the ballpark. If that doesn't help, then put on the new bars and measure the distance from the end of the cable to where you need to connect it.