1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Insurance

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by deano, Jun 17, 2004.

1. deano

deano New Member

Just a couple of quick questions if I might. Any of you out there use Markel American Insurance? Has anyone ever had a claim where they depreciate items listed on repair following an accident.

Deano
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Some insurance companies do that you'd have to read the policy to find the details. Replacement cost is normal, if they are putting a bike back together .
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

something else to look out for too!!

better check to make sure YOU Are covered for injury..it took my insurance agent to go thru 11 different big name insurance companies that did not cover rider's medical to find one that did..everyone else but the rider!!! I have friends in motorcycle groups that watch for laws and bring awareness, etc that affect riders. It is against the law but Insurance Companines are doing it in the meantime!!! It even surpised my agent..I actually had to use my insurance last year when an old lady pulled out in front of me,it killed my passenger and broke me up from the waist down..tell ya what if I had not has insurance until the old lady's reimburses my insurance company I'd been looking at some serious possible bankrupt issues from medical billS!!!!!! Better check.. alot of people do not know they do not have it!! 2 of my buddies out here found out the hard way!!!!
    hard to believe but is happpening.
  4. deano

deano New Member

Well I found out yesterday that the insurance cannot do what they are doing. They do have the right to deny an estimate and have the work done at a location they find that is less costly. They have to bring your vehicle back to the condition it was in before the accident. If cheaper second hand parts can be found they may be used but the insurance company itself must find this. If an estimate is accepted they cannot pay less on assumption it can be done cheaper.
    Deano