1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Iron butt ride

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by AFNurse, Feb 21, 2007.

?

Have you done an Iron Butt Ride, and if yes, will you do it again?!

1. Never done it

44 vote(s)
    72.1%
  2. Done it once, NEVER again

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Done it, Will do it again, but has to be for a DARN GOOD REASON or Destination

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. Have done it more times then most care to think about and will do it again at the drop of a hat.

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We gotta do it again Bob :)
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I think you're right, it's long overdue...any ideas?
  3. FLHTbiker

I'm open to just about anyplace. To bad Kev is slammed with work. I think he went into the right field with this recession were in. Me my work has come to a stop with the housing market the way it is.

We could base camp someplace and ride the area or we could just hit the road and ride. Halfway points seems like Montana or Washington or anyplace for that matter.

The wife is taking off in July with a bunch of other women riders for a week trip (women only ride) up the Washington coast over the Olympic Peninsula and then not sure but there gone for a whole week.
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'm busy at work, my wife is getting her pink slip and a maternity leave temp position for three months or so. I'll check the schedule and see what works. Any big trips for you this year?
  5. FLHTbiker

Were looking at going to Street vibs in Sept. for a week providing business picks up as right now its dead. Course being dead gives lots of riding time but no money. Wished we were closer. You going to Sturgis this year.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Not sure about Sturgis, our dollar is taking a dump and I'm not sure about June's job. I pm'ed Kevin to see what he's up to
  7. FLHTbiker

We have not head from Kev in a long time.
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Time to get him out of Las Vegas....:)
  9. FLHTbiker

Kevin where are you
  10. SK

SK New Member

I'm here. Been in Colorado the past two weeks skiing in Aspen.

I'll be heading down to Laughlin for a day run next month..can't afford the hotel rates these days. It's less than 100 miles each way, so why stay.

I'll definitely be at St. Vibrations this year, staying in Virginia City as usual. Bob oughta come on down to Reno late September, we'll find room for him. Good time of year, and Lake Tahoe is always beautiful anytime of year.

I need to take a Death Valley run soon before it starts getting too hot.
  11. FLHTbiker

SK, we're planning on being at ST-vibes for a week this year. Doing some riding and checking out the vendors. Bob could fly down and ride one of my bikes with us to St vibes.

I really would love to do Death Valley some day, never been there yet.
  12. SK

SK New Member

Sounds good to me Marc. I'm already booked for a motel in VC..wouldn't miss it. I'll be there Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning, longer if I can finagle my schedule. The beauty of my nursing schedule is work 3 12hr days and get a 4 day weekend. If I move my schedule around, I can get as many as 7 or 8 days off in a row without taking vacation. I'm going to try and get to St. Vibes before Thursday if I can.
  13. FLHTbiker

We will be arriving there on a Sunday and leave the following Saturday morning that way we can avoid most of the overpriced hotel/motel rooms.
  14. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'd love to go but I'm in school over that period of time..still trying to figure out what I wanna do for a living..LOL
  15. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just finished my run from NE indiana to Gatlinburg,TN. - Left at 0600 and got in to the motel at 1900 that night. Hit about 10 miles of wet pavement but no rain; two detours that cost me and extra 2 hours of travel time but I didn't run the Big road (I75) down all the way and added about 50 miles more to the run. Kept it about 5 over the speed limit with stops for fuel bout every 200 miles.
    Beautiful ride but the sore butt sure got me for the rest of the night; got up the next day and ran the DRAGON - another 100 mile round trip. Balance of the week spent exploring other roads in the area.
    Route 441 through the Smokey Mountains to Cherokee,NC was a blast and a beautiful ride, very easy day.
    Veteran's Hiway is a short area ride that is in the Gatlinburg/Sieverville, TN, area and with the storms that have been rolling every afternoon a longer run would've spoiled the vacation.
  16. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya had a good trip!!! cant wait to see the pics!
  17. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

:roflmao:pics.........pics.............wheres the pics:roflmao: glad ya had fun sarge I myself am about 10 min away from scooting to town so see ya