1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

It's going really well

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I finally got a decent connection and put some more pics up.

Another hot one today, but more bearable. Northern Nevada had some cool spots along with the heat, as opposed to South Dakotas blasts of Hell. It's amazing how much difference a small thing can make. I was riding along I-80 in Nevada around the time I saw a temperature sign that said 100 degrees. Lots of sagebrush (I guess that's what it is) and sand. Out of nowhere was this small crop that was being watered by one of those big contraptions. The big watering thing was probably 100 yards from the highway, but I swear the temp dropped 10 degrees when I was riding by it. Amazing.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby sound's like your doing A good job riding & seeing this great Country , & yes out west there the temp's will drop a bit when you get around the irgation & in the shade as well , pic's all look real good
    Have fun & ride safe
    :cool:
  3. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Nice pic's Abby... Stay safe and have fun!
    Steve
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very nice pics, thanks for sharing them. amazing how the temps change as we ride in different parts of the country!!! sounds like you are prepared tho........stay safe and keep having fun!!!
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Cool pics! Keep the ride going, sister!
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

On her way home

Abby just headed out of my place after a quick stop for an oil change, riding away on her root-beer colored HOT01 towards Eureka NV. Weather shows thunder on her route, but since it is about 100 degrees here I think she'll welcome whatever cooling she can get.

Go, Abby, go!
  7. chucktx

thanks for the update. was sorta worried a bit....figured she had bad internet service. glad she is still on the go.....
  8. Red Rider

Doubt she'll have internet tonight. Just a spartan campground she's heading for. She's tougher than the coyotes, though, so I expect an update manana (aka - tomorrow).
  9. cowboy

Thank;s for the up date as well I was thinking along the lines like Chuck , good to hear all is well out west :cool:
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks soooo much to RedRider. It's weird working in someone else's space, but the oil change went smoothly. The bike really needed that. That windshield cleaning stuff was amazing too. What was the name of it again? Many thanks for the use of your garage and tools. :D

The rain was nice. It was never enough to require rain gear and it cooled everything down. I was a little anxious starting out on the road, Hwy 50 through Nevada. There is nothing for over 100 miles, then it's about 75 miles to the next town and another 75 after that - and so on. It was incredible scenery and so peaceful. I loved it. I stayed at a $5 campsite last night, so no Internet available. It was a nice soft patch of grass though, and you can't beat the price. Today was more amazing scenery. Thanks to RedRider once again for suggesting the route. In Utah it seemed like every time I came over a rise or went around a bend the view was more incredible. There were times when my jaw dropped in amazement. I made it to Moab tonight. I'm way ahead of schedule, which is good, because I'll be getting a new tire in Grand Junction tomorrow. I also need to get my carb looked at. It's choking at 80 MPH.

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about going back to New England. I swear you could fit the whole state of New Hampshire in some of these places and never hit a town. It's so different.
  11. Red Rider

Ride on

I'm glad you liked the ride on 50, it is one of my all time favorites. That I-70 run is really neat, too. My avatar is of Ol' Red parked at the Ghost Rock rest stop on I70. After seeing our Great Wide Open, it will feel a bit confining to be amongst trees and buildings. I know I won't move anywhere with 'em.

That 75 mile distance between towns is the reason I fill up at 'em all. Sometimes they are closed or have empty tanks, and then it gets more interesting.

The windshield cleaning stuff is called "Plexus". Another biker hooked me up with it, and I am really happy with it, too. Made by B.T.I. Chemical out of Oak Park, Cali.

And of course you were more than welcome for the slight assistance I provided. Its our way out West.
  12. chucktx

glad things are going well, and you got to meet a fellow "poster".... sounds like he is a great guy and probably now a great friend also!!!:) you can find that cleaner at most harley/and honda dealers.....cost is between 5-7 bucks a can....i keep one in my bike and shop....have fun and be safe!!!!!
  13. cowboy

Abby you just might get home just to pack-up & move out West :D There;s nothing like it , I'am from Alb Nm , but moved to TX because of my son & the hospital's here , But I try to back there when I can , Good to here all is going well on your trip , I do enjoy reading & seeing your pic's