1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Jets

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Informme, Aug 25, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

They guys and ladies of Bike Talk have talking about meeting up in SD around Sturgis time next year. Hope you consider going, I am sure it would be a good time.
  2. Wildride

Wildride New Member

I'm sure it would be...been to Daytona, Myrtle Beach several times, but not to Sturgis. It would be cool, depends on my job...work out of town alot
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

that has to bite at times??? Well, I think that I am going to go for a ride, it is really nice out. I will catch up with later. Do some riding!!!!!
  4. Wildride

Wildride New Member

Will do man...enjoy the ride..thanks for the help
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Regarding the questions about jetting, size is based mostly on the engine's ability to breath and not it's power. That is why jetting changes when building up a 883 to a 1200, larger bore means the engine's requirements for more fuel (and air) increases.
  6. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

When I did Kens carb kit for my '03 FXDX, stock 1450 twincam, Ness big sucker backing plate with a old style foam around a wire mesh air filter inside a home made cover. I put on SE slip on mufflers.
    I used the 46 pilot and a 195 main. It runs awesome! The milage dropped just a bit. Lost about 2 mpg. Get about 50-52 on the road, Used to get 52-54.
    Will I change it back to get the 2 mpg back. Not a chance, it runs just to good.