1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

JohnnyBiker Almost Dies!!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like it should be :rolleyes:
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

(P)ro
    (S)tate
    (A)nalysis

:D:D
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You bedajudge

Off

[​IMG]

on

[​IMG]
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Wow, Bike even looks bigger!:roflmao:
  5. JohnnyBiker

LMFAO!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

yep lights improve it, make you look bigger
    it's why you should always wear a flashlight to bed between your legs
    everything looks bigger...
  7. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

I've had closer calls than that with deth, many times. Try riding is south florida traffic with all the senior citizens and drunks, I mean beer drinkers. ;)
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Dang, Johnny, we can't have you biting the dust and at such a young age, too! I had a close call last week. I'm tooling down a 2 lane road about 55 and there's a logging truck heading toward me in the other lane. Suddenly some jackass in a beat up pickup whips out to pass - now he's in my lane and I know he's gotta see me, right? WRONG! I had to hit my one lonely brake and pull over as far as I could to the edge of the shoulder. I had inches to spare before I would be on the grass. This jerkoff just kept coming at me and it seemed like he was accelerating. He missed me by maybe 20 feet or so. I gave him what for as he sped by.

I kept going down the road thanking God I was still alive. There's all kinds of ways to get splattered all over the highway . . . .

Guess it wasn't my day to die - or yours either.
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Jonny Boy is to young to know what that is. Wait until he's 50 and the doc enters unannounced! :eek: :roflmao:
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Been there and it ain't no picnic - scared the bejesus outa my OL and by the time I got stopped my buddy who was a couple of bike spaces behind had hold of the guy and was pulling him thru the driver's window by his tie. The guys OL was going nuts and it scared the hell out of his 2 kids in the cage too. But I'll bet he'll be looking for bikes the next time. So maybe some good came of it after all.
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

:roflmao:
  12. JohnnyBiker

:rant::rant:
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

looking at that avatar you may be familiar with another prostate test.......;)
  14. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao:
  15. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

About 30 yrs ago an old Biker told me "Boy if you gonna ride, ride like you got a target on your back. Whatever situation you're in look for the worst possible thing that could happen and just know in your mind its gonna happen and be ready for it when it does. Never trust a cage driver even if he's looking right at you. Ride like you're invisible. Keep some space around you at all times and don't get boxed in."

That advice has saved my bacon more than once. I've passed that advice on to others from time to time, some get it, some brush it off as unwanted advice from an old biker.

Aloha...Mike
  16. m1a5h50

m1a5h50 Active Member

wow jb glad u made it through, obtw the religious dept of hanes will be in touch. ride safe
  17. JohnnyBiker

I was able to get out of it but man it was close. Since then, I have had not so close of encounters with cages or any other object for that matter. I am about to upgrade the headlights on my bike to the new LED's that HD just put out for my bike. Even though this incident took place during the day time, I am starting to do more night riding. I need all the light I can get.

I think that I should invest in their company after taht. LOL :roflmao:
  18. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Member

Can't go wrong with the Daymakers, best money I spent on my bike. Even during the day there is a difference, I can tell I'm more visible.
  19. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The best defense in avoiding a accident is not a big huge bright asss headlight but you. Sure a brighter headlight will or should make you more visible but it won't stop it. As I said the best defense is you. As a motorcycle rider there are procedures you can take and perform that will help you far better.
    You will never stop a deer from running out of a hidden bush or a dumb asrse from running a stop sign. I said this before I was rear ended in my great big MAC tool truck (same as a Snap-ON truck) and the guy said he didn't see me stopped at a stop light. :gah:
    Will it make you see better sure but remember to it also blinds on coming traffic which can also cause a accident.
    Be responsible, stay alert, scan all the time just be on the defensive all the time.
    Also a item on my new bike is ABS brakes, stops quicker with no skidding. I know you can't necessarily put that on a older bike but that has been one of the best defensive items I have ever had on a motorcycle.
  20. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Member

Hafta agree with that, not saying the headlight is the answer but it works well.