1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Join the HD Pan America Reveal 2/21

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by hotroadking, Feb 16, 2021.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Saw one of these yesterday, and while it is a nice bike, I'll stick with my Suzi DR650SE dual sport/Enduro thumper for my hunt-scouting bike. It cost 1/5th what the H-D is, and where I go is ROUGH. We've gone down a few times together - it & I bear the scars, but I can get it back up when dropped and I can stand to see it taped & wired where I've had to make rapid repairs. Which reminds me, I need new tires...and after paying over $300 for my Heritage's rear tire, I expect a Pan-Am's tire wouldn't be all that cheap, either, as compared to the Suzuki.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. hotroadking

It's a tall bike, as an adventure bike should be, 150 HP is good, it's an HD so it's not cheap for sure but it's not crazy priced either...
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

5. hotroadking

Oh yeah it's got a tall seat alright, sat on one at EOHD, the seat makes Cobin seats feel like a padded barcolounger.. Or maybe Chrysler front seats from a 78 Newport Custom....

I love the colors, but blue and white are my favorites, local stealer had it listed at "Mid $40's" for a $29K bike. They have two locations and sold one, some people are nuts.

I'm gonna trade my RG in on a Black Street glide, paint the fairing outside and bags white, put a cop seat on it and ride it to Daytona telling everyone it's a pre-production 2022 custom HD paint..... Sell it for $45K and pocket some coin LOL
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  6. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

You must be tall RK.

I like pearl white. Had on bike that color. Was a lemon. 2012 ultra. 38FD1C05-F9D5-4B19-8CB8-0D0EBF9EAD6C.jpeg
  7. hotroadking

Even with my size it's a tall seat, like the similar BMW adventures etc, but they need ground clearance. I' d just like it for the 150 hp..... and because it will piss off the purists from it's looks, and nobody in the group I ride with would buy it LOL