1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Just Curious

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Johnny - you might check a a website called dhill.com- he's from Fla in the jacksonville area and his web site has a complete rundown of all the HD letters and numbers - there is also a lot of good info about weather conversion and links to other sites - he also has some cool pics that he posts each week that will give ya a laugh.:)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i tried google and found nothing bike related,,,could ya post the link???
    thanks
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have a lot of pictures and I will posting them soon. Just need to download, compress then attach. :cool:
  4. JohnnyBiker

Ok, here are the pictures of the bike that I said that I would have for all. First, the designation that I saw on the left hand side of the case was 63 FL, we researched this and this bike was originally equipped with a tank shift. I am going to have one picture all by itself that I am worried about. So here we go.

Attached Files:

5. JohnnyBiker

More pics.

Attached Files:

6. JohnnyBiker

Now this is the one that I am worried about. You will have to look at the bottom part of the frame. It looks like that it has been welded as if there was something that happened to it. Let me know what you think. Hot Rider want to go and have some :cheers: so I am going to be gone. IF you want better, or larger pics to see any of these, Pm me with your email address and I will send them to you.

Attached Files:

7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Nice looking bike man.:D
  8. JohnnyBiker

There is not much that is stock about this bike at all. I heard it run, and it sounds and seems to rum pretty hard. With this bike, I would get rid of the large tank and put a stock style on it, and put the tank shift back on. Also, the rear fender hinge was welded closed, that angered me a little, but that is an easy fix. I also notice that the rear crash guard is missing, and also something that was on the front part of the engine case by the master cylinder. paint was really shiiiity, had that open primary that I am not too sure that I like, but that can be easy to get used to.

Here is the million dollar question, what do you think that this bike is work that is no where near original?
  9. cardboard

The Axed tank was what really made this bike look great to me.
    And the foot shift made the bike much safer along with the hand clutch.
    Not much fun to me riding a bike you have to take your hands off the handle bars to shift gears or pull the clutch in. And you don't have both feet free.
    But its yer build redneck.
  10. JohnnyBiker

So were all of these modifications normal? I forgot to add that this bike has been upgraded to the 12volt system. mallory ignition. That is a dry clutch system.
  11. cardboard

Mallory Ign is a good thing, as well as 12volt. Light will burn brighter and it should crank easier.
    But i'm not a fan of a belt drive clutch. They are not trouble free either.
    Leave me a wet primary system.

Their is a lot you can do with this bike if'n you've got the time and money.
    Have a great time with it.
  12. JohnnyBiker

i didn't buy it and I am not sure that I would like to. I am going to be talking to place down in Florida that specializes in these bike, plus a bike shop here in Minnesota that comes highly recommended. I am a long way from making a decision if I want this bike or not and what I want it for.
  13. cardboard

Johnny have you ever heard of these folks. Got a buddy that used to work here. They are pretty big on the Pan Head motor redneck.

Accurate Engineering Custom Built V-Twin Motorcycle Engines - Harley, Evolution, Shovelhead, Panhead, Knucklehead
  14. JohnnyBiker

Thanks for this link CB, I will check it more, but from what I see, I like. BTW, you aren't bias at all with guys because they are in ALABAMA? Are You? :D
  15. cardboard

What if we are both from Alabama. There's a lot of good companies in Alabama, And a lot of motorcycle companies in and moving to Alabama.
    We deal with a lot of companies building boat parts in Alabama with the dude I work with doing boat motors..

Know that there arn't a lot of folks building OLd Engines. These folks have been doing it for a while.
    I will let you do your homework and see what you can learn about Accurate Engineering. Mabe HotRoadKing knows something about them.
  16. JohnnyBiker

I have no problem with that they are in BAMA, just something I noticed.
  17. cardboard

Good things come from Alabama Redneck.............
  18. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Try http://www.dhill.com - Thats what listed on my favorites
  19. cardboard

Don't think Chucktx or me is interested ina Flower GArden, or bushes.
    We got enough bushes growing in the yard and up the fence.
    Its hard enough to git us movated to just cut the grass.
    Don't think either of us has any planted flowers in the yard either.:rolleyes:
    Mabe some Tomatoes bushes in the spring. And Chucktx thumb ain't too green on that. He got those tomatoe bush's that hang upside down.
    Don't figure they got enough sun and he water looked like it kept runnin out of the thingiemagig.
    You'd think somebody was on Drugs to plant tomatoes upside down.
    What thay trying to gain. Something different.:gah:
  20. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: those flowers were pretty though. :roflmao::roflmao: