1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Laconia bike week 2014!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Jun 16, 2014.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Wellllllll even though I had to be at work for 4pm today me and a couple buddies got up at 6am and headed for Laconia/New Hampshire Motor Speedway/Weirs Beach. First a hearty breakfast at Dennys(always start the ride with a good breakfast).

First we went to the NH Speedway as that is where HD MOCO and HOG has there factory set up. It was col. Talked to reps from Milwaukee and found out why the temporarily discontinued the Road Glide in its height of opularity. Also my courtesy free HOG Laconia Bike week pin. As well they had every model 2014 that you could test ride. Being as it was 10A.M. on a Monday it wasn't crowded so we had the run of the lot..the bikes, the reps and the hot girls. I test road a Fat Boy low. I really wanted to test ride a Heritage and a Breakout but the boys were wanting to head out to that shithole called Weirs Beach. The Fat boy low was interesting. I liked the low slung saddle as it gave me a feeling of having more command of the bike. As a short guy, the Ultra, while a beast once running is a handfull in general for short people like me. The Fat boy low took a few miles to get use to. The course they had set up was out of the speedway parking lot in the woods on back winding twisties for about 10+ miles. By the end of the test ride I was getting into it. Having been on the Ultra for 7 years the blast of constant wind in the face and chest on the FBL was disconcerning..I didn't like it. The front end seemed to make you feel every this and that compared to the Ultra front end which is extremely forgiving of the road. The softail suspension was more then adequate but I wonder how it would be 2 up?

Weirs beach as always sucked and I was glad for the time constraint. Sure, you see interesting bikes but same old same old lame tee shirt venders on the weirs, the drive in area. . 3$ bottles of luke warm water and 5$ parking. And hot as hell. We did score killer, silk screened t shirts for only 10$ that said "Work sucks! Lets go riding!" I got the evil clown face on mine. Luckily we didn't have time to tour the drive in area or funspot.

Will have photo's in a couple days.
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Glad you had good weather, rained all weekend and into today here. Awaiting pics of hot girls. I mean sales reps, yeah, sales reps..
  3. badinfluence63

Trying to post pictures but they are saying they are to big? Thats weird because usually they post up, no problem. No special nothing.
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Did you happen to make it up to the Mt. Washington Auto Road or the Kanc?
  5. badinfluence63

I went up the auto road back in 2012...never again,f*ck that road. Scary. I ride the Kanc like my house was on it. I go up and down that road a couple times a season just because it located in the proximity of places I need to go to. Like White Horse gear(N.Conway,NH) to name one place:

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/

I love that place. You can visit the warehouse and walk around looking at stuff and picking out what you want like a walmarts for motorcycles,lol.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Your pixel size may be the problem. Did you reset the picture size on the camera? Try reducing the size in the computer before posting here.