1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Leak ain't gettin' better

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Took a run to the dealer today to price some jugs and slugs for a 95" kit....when I got back... Dry as a Bone....Cardboard,you can get up now!!:roflmao: It was only the stator plug leaking...
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Comon Man
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao:
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Lmao , good to here it's a easy fix :)
  5. cardboard

Who's gonna do the work ?
    If yer doing a 95 why not a 97 or a 98 ?

I'd contact Scott with Hillside cyces.
    Hes a super good builder

They are in New York..............

you can make a trip down there can't you ?

Hillside
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Great to hear your leaks are fixed. I'm getting ready to change the crankshaft seal in mine as oil is leaking out the bottom of the rotor. BTW, your cop Roadking is a very nice looking bike!
  7. Lucifer

A 95" will leave me a cut to 97 or 98 in the future if It needs it...no big advantage in 2 or 3 cubes...
    I checked out a few places but shipping the parts from Canada to the US and back(Big Boyz is closest to me) would cost as much as the SE big bore kit from the dealer here...less hassle through the dealer to just order them and pick them up so I'm leaning that way...
    It's just a big bore kit going in so I don't need a builder....gonna cc the heads to see what gasket to use(.030,.040 or .045) don't want any threat of pinging...I've got a set of 07 stock heads on now so I'm not gonna bother with a street port(depending on what cc'ing the chambers show)...just a mouse build going on...

Thanks joshbob...sig pic is what it looked like when I bought it....here's a pic of what it looked like after I took it to my buds last year to change the tensioners:rolleyes:....1/2 a geezer glide now LOL

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  8. cardboard

The extra cut you need done is just a set of Jugs. They are cheap.
    Yer head man should be able to tell you which size head gaskets you will need in yer build if you talk with him.

So it sound like yer doing the work.
    The reason I said Hillside, is they got a set of Weisco pistons made to their specifications and they are killer head porters. And they are a Woods dealer.
    Know you can talk with Scott on the phone or on the internet.

If yer on a money budget Bean at Big Boys will need to know evey thing about yer build like compression and all so he can do the heads to match.
    I would talk with bean before I had anything done.
    And while yer gittin it done. Have the holes for manual compression releases cut even if you just put plugs in them.

I've used Bean before and have nothin bad to say about him. Hes a stand up dude.

Its all about the qualitity of the build and how much power you really want to put on.
    That is the reason yer going to a bigger motor right.
    The kind of pistons, and cams you use will determine if you git 5-10 more Hp and Tq. what kind of head work you git done.
    The combination has to work together, not against each other.

And
    And something that a dude I know if Scott don't use them is Wolfgang Grasser
    He used Bob Woods Springs exclusively in his heads. Just for the springs is 300.00.
    And Woods Directional lifters.

Accomplishments

Its all about money, and how much power you want. Believe me once you git it done, and you git used to the power you have, you can't git too much power.

Accomplishments

Got a buddy that went from a 88cu to a 97 cu and got Bob Woods Tw6H cams, and Weisco pistons
    Hes got the power right where he wants it and is gittin around 44 mpg with a Thunder-Max.
    This is the best build he has ever had.
    He does a lot of riding in the rockey mountains too.
  9. Lucifer

It's not an elaborate build I'm doing...staying stock except for the 95"s with stock reliability...don't need anything fancy...stock heads with stock springs,stock lifters, stock rods and the TW21..it will give me excellent low end torque like I have now as an 88" and excellent passing power on the highway like it has now as an 88"er,just be a little more punch as a 95"er in the RPM range I now do all of my riding and no downshifting when I pull out to pass....numbers and names mean nothing to me for this bike...just a good solid reliable build is all that's happening
    Got a ton of money sunk into the Evo if I feel like roasting tires or breaking speedo's...One bike like that's enough...:D
  10. cowboy

keep us up to date on this , I'am going to pull the TW 26's out on my 03 cop glide , not happy with them , to much low end & not enough mid to top end for me , heck even the cop cams where better for my style riding, I have the 06 top end already
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

37 is better on a mild 95

Or woods 6 not 6h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Did ya get the oil press problem fixed? What was the problem ?
  13. Lucifer

Will do cowboy....if the 26 doesn't have enough mid range or top end for you,I don't think you'd like the 21...it comes on earlier than the 26 and is all in by 5000RPM(4800 according to Andrews)My tach hardly ever sees 4500 but spends most of it's time between 3000-3500Rpm(70-80MPH) If I'm in 5th and drop down to 60MPH(2400RPM) it's just a twist of the wick and I find the power very smooth and rate of acceleration very good...

You might like HRK's recommendations for the TW37 or Woods 6 and a compression bump,both of them should give you more mid range and top end than the TW26...
  14. cowboy

Thanks , I'll check into the 37 , still have yo fond out why it's braking oil pumps hope to start on her this weekend
  15. cardboard

Had a 37 on my WG it came in around 2600rpm and pulled to 6100 where I had my TM set at on RPM's
  16. cowboy

So a good 70 mph or better cam ?
  17. cardboard

with the 07 WG
    37 andrews
    103 kit
    heads done
    Thundee-Max with rev limiter set to 6150

D*D pipe
    on a gps i did 140 in 5th gear
  18. cowboy

Man I had the e glide to 120 stock 88 , did take about 1/4 mile or so to get up there
  19. cardboard

The 07 WG I had, I would be at 108mph in a very short time in 3rd gear
    I did 128 in 4th gear as soon as I shifted, and I wasn't redlined either. It wound up pretty fast.

I Ain't going that fast no more. I tend to start giggling and loose control of wanting to go too fast.
    I'm slowing down ...........
    I like 70 now.
    See way too many smokies that is sittin with nothin to do but lookin for money.:rolleyes:

Ask one what the fine is if they catch you doing 120
    You will be in the back of their Party Wagon .......
    The fine will be ferosous.
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep better in the 95 for highway still good down low. Tried tested and redneck approved cam

Check clearance and go to a thirty on the head gasket for more compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk