1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Little Known Motorcycle Website

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by DeuceBones, Feb 23, 2009.

1. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

I'm sure it's beautiful where you live too, but your ride this June will be unforgettable. I don't know where our fearless leader will take us this year, but will probably end up back there again.
  2. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Blue Ridge Parkway was one of the best trips we have taken......You will really enjoy it.....Stay within the speed limits....Only thing I would do different the next time would be to give my self more time to enjoy the attractions off the Parkway!

Dragon Tail is something you don`t want to miss, but, you will find many loops in the area that you may enjoy better.....We go to that area 4 or 5 times each spring and summer and we still find different and great rides in the Smokies (TN and NC)
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

When you go remember that TN smokies are all over so watch the speeds

Blinds corners are abundant

Ride the Dragon from TN to NC, that way you are on the outside lane so you're not tucked up on the mountain, which is where you see a lot of gravel in turns from cars/trucks.

Take your time on the Dragon

Cherahola is a much better ride than the dragon but you have to do it anyway and get the tshirt.

28 south out of Franklin is a good road.

lots of good roads up there,

Watch the speed limit on the Blueridge and take leathers it can go from 90 in the valley to 50 on the parkway quick....

Deer abound as well so keep your eyes open.

don't ride at night, get back to your hotel before it gets dark because it gets DARK at night Lol in the mountains..
  4. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

Mayor mentioned that there are a lot of good roads in the area other than the DragonTail. I would agree. The first time we rode to the area, we took only backroads coming from Virginia and by the time we got to the Tail we had already covered such good roads there wasn't much special about the Dragon Tail ride. We also got there during the Honda Hoot which made riding almost fender to fender until we got away from the area. And while leaving we found many new exciting roads to travel. It was great!