1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Long Island Breakfast

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by badinfluence63, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

We have great ribs at JRs Steakhouse, 10 mins from house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Chinese and bbq are every where
  3. kickstand68

kickstand68 Active Member

I really dig those kind of sandwiches. Every now and then I will make a fried egg-bacon or sausage-cheese sandwich... it rocks.
  4. kickstand68

kickstand68 Active Member

Good for you! dropping 30 lbs that quickly is an awesome feeling. I had a lifestyle change the last few months and have lost almost 40 lbs. I feel a lot better now. Keep up the hard work dude! I need to be doing what you are doing.
    Fatboy128 and badinfluence63 like this.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Who gets on Facebook ?
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

There are several of us from Bike Talk on Facebook.
  7. badinfluence63

I think the bigger question is who doesn't get on Facebook ? If you fully use the security tools no one can see anything you don't want them to. I find it an excellent way to keep my friends and family abreast of my life and them me.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Facebook, helping stupid people prove that they are morons to the world one dumbass thing at a time, same for twatter and all the social media crap.

don't do farcebook, I know people do and love it that's fine, I've got a page, and I turn off the dumbassness of people with their stupid daily life information posts, frankly I don't give a crap that you just took your first dump in 4 days because you were corked up, nor do I want to see all your stupid Meme's on Obama, or cats, or God comments.

Hate the daily emails, notifications bullshit as well, and don't tell me you can turn it off, I have and they still sent that shidt to you in order to get you to come over to the site for more hits.

If I did I'd look t hat shidt up myself...

I haven't seen on valuable thing on Face book personally that I'd say, wow that's cool,
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  9. badinfluence63

Obviously you don't use the privacy tools available. I only have around 40 friends,family and no co workers. The world doesn't get to see how stupid I am, only my hand picked folks who know everything about me and like me anyways. Facebook is a great social media if used responsible. And I in turn like to know what they are up to. Only a couple silly females seem to document there daily going one,I just turn off their " following" for awhile.
  10. FLHTbiker

I'm like you BI and that's the way I use it. There are some people mostly women that post stupid sh#t and join a game that I block. A few that I don't follow because of idiot posts. Some I've deleted. I like it for keeping up with some friends and my family, especially my daughter and the grandkids.
    It's not all bad HRK I think you have a bit of a bad attitude towards it, but that's OK. A few on BikeTalk are on facebooks which has been good. I think it depends on how you use it.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I know the features, security, privacy, all the settings
    and have a good grasp of how it works.

I have my curmudgeon hat on today, gout has screwed up my
    knee, can't sit, cant' ride, can't get off the crapper without help LOL

Hey maybe I'll post that on Falsebook.... Toodles all, just sat
    down on the porcelain throne to drop a glock and I can't get up
    wife had to help me up and wipe my hind end, guess she got a
    glimpse of old age for us, hope Im not divorced! :p

The point is I'll add a friend and bam you find out they
    are facewhores, post post post, nothing worth reading
    they just have to post, sitting at the table, bored, post
    sitting in the car at a light, bored, post, sitting taking a crap
    at the diner, post post post, boring nothing to say.

I get it for family that works, wife does it, but some of her
    friends, post post post post, **** get out in the air and tell
    people to their face. Post, I was just outside, saw Julie, how
    sweet love ya jules, great to see ya,! WTF. Really?

Best thing is dumbass posts, lookit Tyrone and You****wa
    beating the shit out of a white girl... No hate crime but he
    it's on Fuucbook LOL got to jail..
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I used to have a Facebook account and it got rid of it for many of the reasons HRK so elegantly and correctly describes. My experience with Facebook is that it often angered me that for being a medium to be social, people were less social. Instead of having a conversation, they would just hit like, which is fine,, but where is the real interaction? The thing that bothered me the most is all of the stupid pictures with stupid phrases, just overwhelming and a waste of time. How about those people who take the time to accept a friend request but you never see them online again?

I am with HRK, if you are my friend, you know how to get a hold of me. If there are things that I want you to know and since we can get a hold of each other, I would much rather pick up a phone or send an email to you or whomever and share it with you personally.
  13. FLHTbiker

Their are people who abuse it for sure. Don't agree with HRK or Johnny. If someone just posts junk I will delete them, don't have time for that. My theory is I can delete or block certain types but for friends I've meant who are far away its sometimes kind of nice seeing what their up to.
    Not for everyone and if your not a social person then it's definitely not for you.
    badinfluence63 likes this.