1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Look what we git for bailin out GM

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 20, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this CB!

Cowboy, FLHT, what does KIA really have to do with GM??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! No one is disagreeing that what GM is doing is a good "business" decision, but only for themselves. This is bad for the American people because it will put more AMERICANS out of work!!!!! CB is right on, we, (the American people) bailed them out in order for them to survive, and this is how we are repaid???? Sorry Cowboy but two plants that they have here in the U.S. is peanuts!!! They are not an American company so the money that is spent on them really doesn't stay here... I bet this argument would be way different if GM announced that they were moving the engine making to China now wouldn't it??? What is the difference if they are moving to China, Mexico, Cuba or where ever??? The point is it is another American company that is turning its back on its people but still expect "their people" to bail them out when they are in trouble........!!!!!!!!
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

JB, I thought you were taking business classes, ?????????
  3. JohnnyBiker

Yeah, so what is your point????
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If I taught a business class it would have to have common sense to go with it.
    If I bail you out and you screw me. I have no use for you any longer.

You lost me helpin you out period.

Like my Grandma said when I needed help on gittin a new truck.
    Son this is yer truck, you pay for it. If I have to pay anything on it.
    Don't come and expect me to help you again. You burned yer good luck with me. :gah:

And my grandma was Old business school. She probaly had more business then anybody I know.:rant:
  5. JohnnyBiker

Right on CB....And again FLHT misses the point that I think that this "business decision" is good for GM, but bad for the country....:gah: I guess since I am a "Business Student" I guess it means that I think that I have to think that "all" business decisions are good........:rolleyes:
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'd be voting with my wallet...wanted a small truck for getting around in the snow..went with the only north american manufacturer that didn't hold the cap out..that's two Fords for us now..[and I was a die hard GM guy] I won't get into the union debate..I've seen the good and the bad of it all from an insider's perspective.[union] I really enjoy not being tied to the dogma anymore..show up for work spin wrenches and make malt. Ford makes Fusions in Mexico. My Ranger was made in the Twin Cities Plant..old school truck..too bad they're shutting the plant down. GM is going to have to work hard to get my business now.
  7. JohnnyBiker

I got a really good deal on my Fusion...not necessarily happy that it was built south of of the border, but hey, what do you do......I have never been a GM person. In fact the only GM product I will ever own is the one I will inherit from dad. Yeah it is a shame that they are going to shut down the Ranger Plant, going to put a lot of people out of work here in the Twin Cities.
  8. FLHTbiker

Look JB, I don't like any USA company going outside the USA to produce products to stay competitive. But you guys think they owe you something, dude wake up they owe you and I nothing. They are after their bottom dollar just like any business making a good business decision. :rolleyes:
  9. cardboard

I was a Die Hard chevy msn till 97 when I bought a Ford
    I have a van and truck SMS my wife has a truck
    She used to drive a silverado
    And likes the Ford a lot better
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. FLHTbiker

Last fall we bought a 2011 Ford Taurus, fantastic car and better than what GM is offering. The Ford Ranger does need to go down the road, its burned out. Plenty around if you want one. Looking forward to what Ford will come out with to replace it.
    I have also heard rumors of the Chevy El Camino making a come back :cool:
  13. JohnnyBiker

If they didn't take money from you or I, I would have no problem with this......but the cold fact is that they did and now they want to take jobs away from our people:gah::gah:

I am glad that you think that it is good "business" decision...I just don't agree....Again, good for GM, bad for the American people that were forced to bail them out......bad for those people that are going to lose their job......Business isn't 100% about just money....it has a lot, if not more to do with people.........

Put yourself in the employees position FLHT, how would you respond to this if you were an employee of the engine building aspect of GM?????
  14. FLHTbiker

I would be willing to take a cut in an hourly wage that is exorbitant and keep the jobs here. :banghead: Wake up why do you think they are doing what they did, Ford by the way is doing it to which you already know but no you think GM should stay here because they took bail out money. :rolleyes::gah:
  15. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

No replacement for the Ranger in North America...the new Ranger sold elsewhere is is 90 per cent the size of the F 150 so we're gonna get the F 150. The old ranger was in need of updates to be sure and shame on Ford for not doing that but bang for the buck there isn't a 4X4 pickup that even comes close for knocking around in bad weather..read that snow up this way. I think Ford is dropping the ball on this one
  16. FLHTbiker

Time will tell and the market may dictate a rebirth :)
  17. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

hope you're right...the old Ranger is absolutely fabulous in deep snow. GM updated the old S Trucks a number of years ago...they did a crummy job. [had a Chey S10...not a lot of power but great in high snow] I'd rather have a 80's designed Ranger than the Colorado or the Dakota.
  18. FLHTbiker

Had a 78 Ranger stick with 4 cyl and 4X4. Went up in the snow with a guy and his CJ jeep with a V-8 and big fat tires. When he stopped and couldn't go any father I went around him and kept going. He never said a word to me about it after that. :) Yea, they were great. Also a great rig to pull behind a motorhome. :) The sales of the Ranger were down pretty good so I think that's another reason why they killed it.
  19. cardboard

We jump on Ford, Ford didn't borrow any money. Hello.
    We borrowed money from the Chineese which has not been paid back to help give to GM to bail them out. GM should of found a way to deal with the Union before they took the money.
    Don't understand why this Super Big deal was over looked even by the White House.
    Want to know why, the Union is the Mafia and they are into too many folks in the political worlds pockets. Another reason I said a congressress person is limted to 2 4 yr terms.
  20. JohnnyBiker

My sister had a 91' S10 2x4 and it was an OK truck. It was a 5 speed. I however hated the S10 4x4's..They were so undergeared it wasn't funny...This is my first truck so I do not have a decent reference... All I know is Ford didn't take money and they are killing the competition......