1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

looking for advice

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by jo1052, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jo1052

jo1052 New Member

HI
    I am new to this forum trying to find help for my 2002 Ultra Classic. Was wondering if any one has had the same problem. When cruiseing at any speed the bike will sputter a couple times as you start to increase the throttle, like its out of gas, this is if you very slowly start to roll on the throttle. It may sputter once in 100 miles and sometimes 10 times in a mile and sometimes not at all in 500 miles. it comes and goes been to the shop about 10 times and they cant duplicate. started when the bike had 12,000 miles and its got 19750 on it now, have replaced crank shaft sensor 1 time. plugs and different gas stations. HELP if you have had the same with your twin cam 88 fuel injected. this has became a real pain and makes trips scary that you wont get back
    Joe
  2. VYBR8R

VYBR8R New Member

Sputter-Stutter Twostep

It's really hard for a technician to find a problem that cannot be duplicated and is not throwing an error code. One thing that is often overlooked on EFI bikes is the fuel line insdide the tank. A small pin hole will cause a sputtering like you are running out of gas. Also a loose ground connection or corrosion at a connection.
  3. skipglide@comcast.net

skipglide@comcast.net New Member

Battery Connections?

Checked battery connections? :cool:
  4. RocketCityRider

RocketCityRider New Member

I had a similar problem with my 05 Deluxe a while back. The problem was fuel leaking around an o-ring in the fuel pressure regulator in the tank. It could be a similar fuel system problem. A good shop could check the injector pressure to rule this out. Just a thought.

-RCR