1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Looking to update carb of assorted parts.

Discussion in 'Other CV Performance products' started by RoccoP, Mar 31, 2021.

1. RoccoP

RoccoP New Member

Bought a 94 FLHTCU with stock motor. Currently believe it has a dynajet needle. Have loriginal Keihen 42 pilot, Keihen 70 accel but the main has no Keihen stamp. Size 180. Emulsion tube had two holes on the side. I want to replace main with same size but add CVP tube because I believe the threads are different on the current tube (possible dyna). One question is should I jet the same 180 with the CVP emulsion tube with more holes. I will also be replacing the needle and needle jet just to make sure they all match. Vacuum slide is worn so will be replacing too. Likely add idle and mixture screws (already drilled). Considering V-ductor.
  2. RoccoP

RoccoP New Member

So I had posted this in the wrong place some times ago. I now have a tuner kit to replace main with same size but now more standard threads using premium tuner kit. Also new slide as mine was worn near the base. renewal kit for float valve and gasket and accelerator pump diaphragm. Replacing needle jet with CVP needle jet (matching manufacturer).
    Also adding V-ductor.
    You would think I would have ordered a new inlet elbow. Well that was ordered as a second order. I don’t have any problems with the plastic elbow now.

Opinions on replacing the elbow just because?