1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Loose EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw

Discussion in 'EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw' started by UnSafe, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnSafe

UnSafe New Member

Put the EZ-Just screw in my CV40 today, very loose fit so I wrapped it in Teflon tape. Still pretty loose, so I wrapped it with multiple layers of Teflon tape. Not much improvement, feels like normal motor vibration would cause it to back out. Put the stock screw back in and it fit perfect.

I wonder if putting a spring on the base of the EZ-Just screw (like the springs used to stabilize many other Japanese carburator mixture screws) would help to stabilize the screw and keep it from falling out.
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Try some BLUE loctite and let it set overnite before doing anything else. If that don't work get one of chuck's needles and replace it. Some of these aftermarket screws are a rip off by guys that don't have a clue.
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The original spring, washer, and o-ring are required when using the EZ-Just. If for some reason these parts were lost when the stock screw was removed then a replacement set is required. You can find the mixture packing kit at: CV Performance Parts

The EZ-Just threading will vary carb to carb, most are snug but occassionally they feel loose due to poorly tapped carbs from the factory.
  4. UnSafe

UnSafe New Member

This is an EZ Just screw from CV Performance. And yes, the o ring, seat and are correctly installed. The original needle's snug fit lead me to suspect that the EZ Just needle is threaded undersize. Still, it's a handy addition and I'll see if I can add a spring to the base, to add resistance to motion.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there should have been a spring in the original carb., unless someone before you lost it......
  6. UnSafe

UnSafe New Member

Oops, forgot to add that the aformentioned spring that sits under the seat and o ring is in place as well. All assembled correctly. The spring I mentioned as an idea would fit over the threaded portion of the EZ Just screw and provide resistance between the wide screw head and the carb body/ material around the hole. just enough pressure to keep the screw from vibrating out.

Yes, at 1-3/4 turns out, it's that loose.
  7. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

If the screw is that loose then there's definitely a problem with the threads in the carb. Most of the time the ez-just will screw in with just the right amount of tension, other times its real tight, while other carbs it fits semi-loose and needs 1-2 turns of teflon tape.

Can you tell me where you bought the EZ-Just?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.