1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

LOUD pipes needed

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by Peyts, Oct 9, 2007.

?

Which slip-on pipes are LOUDEST, with a great bark?

1. Vance & Hines

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Tailgunner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rinehart

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Cycle Shack

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Python

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Supertrapp

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Another brand (let me know which brand)

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've seen them and heard them. They are a quality muffler however the sound it not as loud as the V&H or Rinehart's. For a set of slip-ons they are not bad. If I was looking for another set I would think about them.
  2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Any idea what size baffles were in the ones that you heard? I have been told to consider the Rush pipes with 2.5" baffles, which is one of the least restrictive pipes available.

Just ask me how CONFUSED I am about all this now? I'm worse than a woman trying to pick out ONE pair of shoes from a possible five pairs! (Sorry, Hot1...)
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I don't know the baffle size were on the bikes I've heard with the Rush mufflers. The pipes sounded good but they were like I said not as loud as the Rineharts or the V&H pipes.
    The quiet baffles will not produce the HP gains of the others. I also know after talking with Mike Stegmann that the smaller the dia. pipe the less HP gains and if a pipe has a tip on it that can restrict the pipe size even at the tip it also can affect the HP output. He told me that even when putting on a new header and gasket that if you over tighten the bolts pushing the gasket further in that, that can also reduce the opening size thus reducing HP gains again. He was a really knowledgeable and interesting guy to talk to. Sure glad he is here in the Portland area.

By the way, most women I know have a lot more than 5 pairs of shoes to choose from. :eek: :D
  4. inthewind56

inthewind56 New Member

Loud pipes,,,

Recently installed Hooker true duals with the tuned slip ons on my 04 Road King Classic...They are loud!! loud, loud!! Even on the torque setting which is the quietest!! Lots louder when on the HP setting!!! also have added a K & N air filter and I can hardly believe the difference in power from these pipes.. Have ran Cycle shack, Kirker, Vance and Hines,Screaming eagle and probably a few others and have found nothing that boosts the torque like these Hooker true duals..Have a pcIII on order.. Should help a bit more I hope.. Good luck to u!! Inthewind56
  5. fujimo

fujimo New Member

pipes

save some money,,,pull your baffles and start with small rod,,,open up by driving all thwe way thru,,, put back on ,,,test,,, get larger rod ,,go untill you get sound you want,,,, but,,, if you want best performance,,,get 2 into one prostock bassani,,,very loud,,, sounds like an old v'8 chevy,,,, gives more power than any others,,, tough on gas,,, i have now,,,because i am leaving on two month trip,,, taken my bassani off and put stock headers with hangdown ground off and set of slip on bassani,,,, and i hate to tell you ultra ...but your partner did mine,,,and greg cohn got 2 more horse than him,,,,, pops