1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Maggie Valley,NC

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Apr 13, 2010.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Memphis is good,
    hope you like BBQ
    and blues

Elvis tour is fun, like a time machine...
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Defintely lookin foreward to the BBQ and blues - got a french quarter visit planned for tonight down in New Orleans.
    Think I'll have to plan a trip down texas way next year and have cardboard show me some of that TX country he's so fond of. Most of my trip has been real relaxing so far and after 600 miles I feel like a kid again didn't really feel any aches and pains until I made the run from Panama City to Baton Rouge. 250 miles of downpour at 65 mph was a little bit of a drag - mostly white knuckles all the way. But after a couple of days with the Grandkids I'm ready to roll again.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

while in memphis, ya got to sit in one of the parks, with a cold adult beverage, and listen to the live music.....free!!!! there are a few parks and the road is blocked off to all traffic except bikes......very cool. bb king has a place there also......if ya got time go to the sun record studios....couple bucks to get in but the history and museum is worth it......
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Finally got home at 0100 Sat. morning - Got to see some of the bluebells that chuck was talking about along the road somewhere in Mississipi gonna have to go back that way again someday.
    posting some pics of Maggie Valley soon.
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Couple of pics from the rally.
    Sat before the rain washed everything out.
    2nd place winner of the bike show.
    1st place winner owned by a gal from Florida.
    Local watering hole and eatery - in fact the only one open at 7:00 am. - standing room only with great food and good prices.

Attached Files:

6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

look 's like a nice area , shure like bith of the show bikes :cool: