1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Major Tornado hits Oregon

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 14, 2010.

1. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Al Gore said it was global warming, a result of the majority of the people in Ory-gone being vegitabletarians, and, of course all green and such, they don't eat enough meat, Ory-gones cattle population has increased two fold, therefore you have twice as many cow-farts hitting the air boom instant tornado...
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is crazy that the place where FLHT lives has weather. What did they say the category of the twister was???
  4. FLHTbiker

5. JohnnyBiker

That a teeny one. Minnesota usually has f3's or larger. A few years ago, I was managing a grocery store and there were tornados all week. One day I had to evac everyone to our shelter. We were in there for about 5 hours. There was this one guy that was diabetic and was starting to go into shock because his insulin what in the car. Thank God there were some of our pharmacy personnel there and I instructed them to get some for him. We didn't even charge him for it. That day, a town about 20 miles away from where we were, a town called Buffalo Lake was completely leveled. This was not a large town, but it was destroyed. I will never forget that day because we had like 150 people in our shelter. It was a little cramped and trying to keep them calm and trying to stay abreast of what the weather was doing. Fastest 5 hours of my life. Well..... Maybe?

Here is a vid of the tornado that hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKVakbSIZVE
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  6. FLHTbiker

We don't have shelters for Tornado's here and even a F0 Tornado would be big news here. Still a F2 Tornado did major damage here to a town of 3,000 and several farms totally destroyed. One farm, it picked up the whole large barn and set it down on the highway, that's unreal.
  7. JohnnyBiker

I just edited a link in of the tornado that hit, check it out.
  8. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

I don't want to deal with any of them. Give me a warm, calm day and a good bike ride anytime.
  9. FLHTbiker

We have old friends popped in yesterday from Arizona. Her brother up here is dying from prostate cancer and is now in pretty bad shape. He is only 59 but didn't have a prostate check done until it was to late.
    Anyway they said last fall that there were 8 tornado's reported there in AZ. A Camping World where campers were camped got hit and RV's were laying on their sides. This whole weather thing sure sucks this year and I'm sure ready for warm weather and getting out and riding again.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  10. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: Thanks Red I went back and changed the spelling :D