1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Man Please !

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 2, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I can understand how it was to your wife

But I can't have a cat in the house. They stink it up.
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

I know how she feels. I had to put my dog down after 13 1/2 years of being a loyal friend this Oct. I still miss that dog today.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Our cats don't stink up the house. They don't pee in the house either. Got a litter box out in the garage that we clean daily. To hard to have a dog with our life style. Cat we can leave for several days, dog we can't otherwise I have me a yellow lab or Irish setter.
  4. FLHTbiker

If she starts talking about it she breaks down. It was a really crapy Christmas here.

How could anyone not like this face

Attached Files:

5. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I understand FLHT. My dog is 12 now, and I wonder how long she will be with me. Just like my child. Folks that don't have pets cannot understand how you can get so close to an animal. If that is all you've got in this world for companionship, consider yourself fortunate to have had the very best friend there is.
  6. FLHTbiker

Amen to that
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Sorry about losing your "child". Pets are just that. Kids in AZ got us a Choc Lab 2 Christmas' ago 'cause my wife missed our Golden Retriever that died several years ago so much she always talked about her. Wife named the lab "Harley Fatboy". Great dog but does crimp our freedom quite a bit. He's a big furry baby. One thing about a dog I like over cats, he doesn't walk all over the dinner table, kitchen counters, bed, etc. Two sons had cats, the cats were OK but I couldn't be in their houses for long otherwise I would get bad to almost asthma, I'm allergic to cats.

Attached Files:

8. FLHTbiker

Yea, pets are cool. I got my wife her cat the day before Christmas 7 years ago and she died the day before Christmas this year. She never walked on tables or kitchen counters. I understand the allergy thing thou. I always had a dog when I was young, it's tough when they die.
  9. cardboard

My Black Lab is 8 yrs old now. My OL wanted a dog and this is my 3rd lab.
    He still looks like he did when he was about 4. He lives in the house and has always lived in the house.
    He was house broke within a few hours. Only bearly pee'd in the floor when he was a puppy. Labs house break easy if you take the time with them.
    Try to give him a bath once a week. Its kinda hard when its cold outside and he's 110 lbs.
    I don't have to put him on a leash. He will listen to what I tell him.
    Got a buddy to watch him when I went to Arizona.
    I said if you would to feed him around 5:00 pm and leave him in the yard till around 7:00 then let him go across the street in the big yard and use the can and stick him in the yard till 900 pm and let him go pee one more time and stick him in the house.. In the morinin come and feed him and let him go across the street again. Then stick him back in the yard. He will hardly use the can in the yard.
    The dude would up calling me and askin, can I bring the dog to my house.
    I said you can do whatever you want. Just watch him and don't let him get run over by a car in the neighborhood. He don't pay much attention to cars.
    I asked if my Lab gave him a hard time.
    He said the dog made himself right at home. He found him a place and I forgot he was even in the house. When I got up at 9 he got up. I let him out to pee and feed him.
    took him for a walk and I rode my golf cart. He listens to everything you say. If you tell him to come he comes. If you tell him to go pee he goes and finds a place to go pee.
    Man I'm not used to a dog that listens to you. I see you and yer OL talk to him all the time.
    When I went to sleep he came in and laid by the bed and he went to sleep.
    Man he was no trouble at all.
  10. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

No snakes here, 73 degrees, but is been raining for the last 7 days. Of course when it does stop raining we only get to ride in circles over here. Sleeping with the dogs??? Man thats how Three Dog Night got their name...sort of. Some sort of Aborigine culture some where, on cold nights they slept with their dogs to stay warm....The colder the night the more dogs they needed to stay warm. A really cold night was a three dog night. Happy New year everyone.

Aloha....MIke

PS I got dogs n cats. A Pomaranian/Chihauhau named Sasha and Chitzu/Alien named Rascal and then 2.5 cats. The .5 is a cat who thinks he's a dog. Really he does. I used to bottle feed orphan kittens for a cat shelter till the were old enough to find homes for. I didn't know it at the time but I soon found out when you got kittens that young the momma cat supposed to lick their butts to make em chit, otherwise they can get constipated n die. Well I do love animals...but sorry I do draw the line there. In the meantime I'm getting the food into the little kittens but it ain't coming out..we iz headed for disASSter...pun intended...Then I had one of my better ideas. The Chitzu/Alien always loved the babies...so I went to the fridge grabbed some butter, lifted their tails and buttered their butts...Rascal licked the butter and SUCCESS!! From then on I didn't need anymore butter, Rascal knew just exactly what to do. When ever I fostered kittens after that Rascal and I had a nice working arrangement, I took the front half and he took the back half. I guess he got the chitty end of the deal, but hey somebody had to step up...It sure wasn't gonna be me!!! I wound up keeping one of the little suckers so he grew up thinking Rascal was his mother. End of story is now when ever I walk Rascal...I gotta walk the cat too.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  11. cardboard

Tonite its 36* outside, when its warm the skeeters will carry you off. That's tough on a dog. CAn kill them if you don't give them heart worm medicine.
    I let the dog in so the skeeters don't eat him up.
    And if you want to knock on the door, he will be there to see you before I can see who you are.
    If hes in the gate, he will not let you in the yard without raising holy hell .
    When I open the overhead garage door. He lays by my Harley and looks out the over head door area.
    If my wife is here, he will not leave my wifes side.
    I got the dog when I had my business. He would ride around all day with me and watch my Van with all my tools in it. When I would git in the van and work I would leave the side sliding door open and work on lock. Customers would come up and look at sneaking a tool out of the tool pouch hanging on the back passenger seat. The dog would be growling and jump down and show you his teeth if you reached for anything.
    When I went home and the OL was there I would leave him with her.
    If you wanted to get Bit , jack with the OL. She kept him on a leash in Houston.
    When when she had him in the truck, you didn't want to get in the truck or come to the window.
    He did his job well , all 3 of them, one which I still have.

Here he is when he was about 3

[​IMG]
  12. Fatboy128

Good lookin lab! But mine is better lookin! :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  13. cardboard

My labs name is Smoke. His dad is a Master Hunter in his bloodline that he is registered with his papers with the American kennel society I think it is
  14. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

15. alex the dog

Beat this.

Attached Files:

16. Lucifer

Nice looking Lab CB...Great dogs,strong swimmers....:cool:
  17. Fatboy128

Here is my other Harley Fatboy. Oh, I see I already posted him, sorry, I guess I'm a proud Pop Pop!

Attached Files:

18. alex the dog

What....no comments on MY sweetheart??? I am very hurt! There is no more loyal dog than a Springer.
  19. Lucifer

She looks great with her Christmas bow on...Labrador Retriever pics bring back memories of my yellow Lab and Irish Setter,they were two great dogs...we miss them:(
  20. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Tonight it is a Three Dog Night...